GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2021 HPDE Plans

How many HPDE days do you plan for 2021?

• Total voters

R Golf

Go Kart Champion
Pretty much locked in to the following. Will be adding one or two Summit Point dates to the list. Hopefully this year turns out to be MUCH better than last year's bust. Anyone planning on attending any of the following, please PM. Would be nice to meet other R's on track.
VIR is a very first for me. Both very excited and nervous. Audi is a great group to run with, so should be a terrific couple of days.

DATETRACKGROUP/CLUB
Saturday 3/20Lime RockMassTuning
Saturday 3/27Lime RockSCDA
Thursday 4/15Summit Point MainS.P Seat Time (not certain yet)
Saturday 5/1Lime RockPatroon BMW
Friday 5/14Lime RockSCDA
Thursday 6/3Summit Point MainS.P. Seat Time
Tuesday 9/7Lime RockSCDA
Sunday 10/3Palmer CWMassTuning
Monday 10/18Palmer CWSCDA
Sat & Sun 11/6 - 11/7VIR FullAudi

R Golf

Go Kart Champion
Why so many single day events? I find two days events to be the best bang per buck, but I also do a lot of prep per event...

For close tracks like Lime Rock and Palmer I prefer single day events. I have always set my cars up for both street and track, so I do virtually no prep for the events except for a thorough tech inspection. After the event I put air in tires and drive home. Normal wear items, tire rotations, etc. are done between events.

Long drive times change things. If I have an event where I need a hotel (The Glen, VIR) I then will only do multiple day events.

Last edited:

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
For close tracks like Lime Rock and Palmer I prefer single day events. I have always set my cars up for both street and track, so I do virtually no prep for the events except for a thorough tech inspection. After the event I put air in tires and drive home. Normal wear items, tire rotations, etc. are done between events.

Long drive times change things. If I have an event where I need a hotel (The Glen, VIR) I then I will only do multiple day events.
I gotcha, makes sense. I like running de at the end of day 2 for weekend events since I usually get 25 to 35mins with an empty session and then a test n tune that gives another 45 to 55 right after.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Pretty much locked in to the following. Will be adding one or two Summit Point dates to the list. Hopefully this year turns out to be MUCH better than last year's bust. Anyone planning on attending any of the following, please PM. Would be nice to meet other R's on track.
VIR is a very first for me. Both very excited and nervous. Audi is a great group to run with, so should be a terrific couple of days.

DATETRACKGROUP/CLUB
Saturday 3/20Lime RockMassTuning
Saturday 3/27Lime RockSCDA
Thursday 4/15Summit Point MainS.P Seat Time (not certain yet)
Saturday 5/1Lime RockPatroon BMW
Friday 5/14Lime RockSCDA
Thursday 6/3Summit Point MainS.P. Seat Time
Tuesday 9/7Lime RockSCDA
Sunday 10/3Palmer CWMassTuning
Monday 10/18Palmer CWSCDA
Sat & Sun 11/6 - 11/7VIR FullAudi
I will be at the VIR Audi Fall event. Will be good to see you there.

Cliff

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 Cayman GTS
I'm registered for with NCRC at Laguna Seca on 4/10 in the point-by A group for their 105db weekend. Their schedule is pretty odd with the run group getting 4 sessions starting at 3:20pm. It will be the first time I've ever been able to sleep in before a track day. I also plan to register with NCRC for their event at Thunderhill West on 3/27, again in the point by group.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
I am planning on April 17th at Laguna Seca w/ SpeedSF, as well as May 8th at Sonoma w/ SpeedSF. I may shoot for something in mid/late March too depending on when I get tires/brakes sorted.

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
Staying close to home until the virus situation improves. So that means Summit Point Main and Shenandoah in March, June, July, and October, all with PCA Potomac.

R Golf

Go Kart Champion
Staying close to home until the virus situation improves. So that means Summit Point Main and Shenandoah in March, June, July, and October, all with PCA Potomac.

I really like Summit Main. Have you tried Summit's Seat Time events? You get eight 20 minute sessions for $265. There are only two run groups (comp and street) so it feels like you are constantly on track. Because there is so much track time you get plenty of clean laps, and it's easy to take a session or two off without any guilt feelings. It's an advanced day, so you need a special sign off, but worth it.

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
I really like Summit Main. Have you tried Summit's Seat Time events? You get eight 20 minute sessions for $265. There are only two run groups (comp and street) so it feels like you are constantly on track. Because there is so much track time you get plenty of clean laps, and it's easy to take a session or two off without any guilt feelings. It's an advanced day, so you need a special sign off, but worth it.
I have never tried a Seat Time event. I like the camaraderie of the PCA Potomac events and found that I miss it when doing other events.

Jantriis02

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI
I plan to hit ROad America again this year, and also do Brainerd International and Blackhawk farms, as well as some autocrossing in the summer near Minnesota. If anyone has any events near minnesota for this summer/ other weekends please let me know, I'm always looking to do some fast driving:)

DarkArrow

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'18 R
Currently registered for Spring Mountain with ACNA on 3/13 & 3/14. Losing an hour of sleep on Sunday is going to be fun, especially for the 4+ hour drive home.

Also, might hit Buttonwillow on 4/3 with SpeedVentures.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Excellent. I'll be there with my nephew (BMW). I'll PM before the event. Will be nice to meet up.

Are you going to the dinner that Audi is putting on?
I don’t normally do the dinner. Last year it was canceled for obvious reasons. In past years I’ve sometimes hung out for a beer and then gone out to dinner.

With COVID, I’ve grilled out and self catered with a group of close friends. E92 and F80 M3’s.
Not sure if VIRs Tavern will be open or whether they will only be catering To Go meals.