GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Broke the hinge on my sunglasses holder and got the replacement last week.
DBDDF9F2-223C-46AC-8290-DE95BEB46CC3.jpeg

Used this guide to remove.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Had the Trackslag 4 "DP installed today. The place I had it installed couldn't print out the boost chart. It showed that the DP made the TPC20 spool 450 RPM 's sooner which was just what it needed. It feels stronger all the way to redline.
You're supposed to say there was no difference.

✍ add ✍ Trackslag ✍ downpipe ✍ to ✍ upgrade ✍ list

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
What do you guys mean your strut was stuck. Where was it stuck, in the hub?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I had an Invidia 3" catless DP. There was no drone and it sounds the same as it did which was a relief. I also had them heat wrap the 4" portion.
You selling the old DP?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Got my new rims on. Not a fan of dark rims on a dark car, I like a little bit of contrast, but once it gets wrapped in a few weeks, will look fantastic...

1612896743253.png

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Got my new rims on. Not a fan of dark rims on a dark car, I like a little bit of contrast, but once it gets wrapped in a few weeks, will look fantastic...

View attachment 202809
For me its the wheels that will make it.....but I like the dark/dark here.....love those wheels.

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
For me it depends on the wheels, but I like the dark/dark there.....love those wheels.

Thanks. I'm a fan. Only thing I wasn't too hot on, was that they're not true 5x112 wheels, they're 5x114 that were slightly re-drilled to fit 5x112. It's ever so slightly, and I probably wouldn't even notice if I wasn't looking for it.

1612899640841.png

1612899672740.png

You can tell the holes are slightly oval-ized.

Reading online, it looks to be somewhat of a common thing to run 5x114 wheels on 5x112 without using wobble bolts, and it should be fine as long as the wheel is either hubcentric or you use a hub ring. Just would have been nice to know up front since the wheels were advertised as 5x112.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Thanks. I'm a fan. Only thing I wasn't too hot on, was that they're not true 5x112 wheels, they're 5x114 that were slightly re-drilled to fit 5x112. It's ever so slightly, and I probably wouldn't even notice if I wasn't looking for it.

View attachment 202811

View attachment 202812

You can tell the holes are slightly oval-ized.

Reading online, it looks to be somewhat of a common thing to run 5x114 wheels on 5x112 without using wobble bolts, and it should be fine as long as the wheel is either hubcentric or you use a hub ring. Just would have been nice to know up front since the wheels were advertised as 5x112.
That would piss me off. I have a set of BBS' that I purchased a few years back that turned out to be 5x100. They were mint and I did not bother to look to fit them on the spot. Had to purchase some adapters:

https://www.novustech.ca/products/wheel-adapters-5x100-to-5x112-20mm

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Let me know when you decide to get rid of it. The 3" DP should be fine for IS20 and I can't go bigger without going to another class
Yes I'll sell it $375 including shipping. You understand it's catless right?