GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How are the EQT OTS / base Accessport tunes?

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
How is performance with the Stratified base map compared to EQT? Stratified sell the Accessport with their flash tune bundled for $675US so it's a decent bit cheaper than EQT, but Stratified don't seem to have any power figures for 91octane on their site, whereas EQT proudly shows a 91 dyno at 310whp/390tq. Does the Stratified feel appreciably slower?

So our site under each of the order options as dyno graphs in 91 octane. The dynos are done on our shops Mustang Dyno. We're based in Vancouver so we do a lot of research and testing on our 91 octane tunes. Vancouver has fairly poor gas quality.

Rollback50k

Yeshhhhhhhhh
Is there a way to get full control of the cruise control bottoms (as it would function in stock form)? Currently with the tune it only increases and decreases 1mph at a time, not in the 5mph increments.

No big deal if it can’t be done, just figured I would ask.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Quick question about the flat foot shifting: do you have to be in WOT to engage it or will it engage at less than that?
Trying to avoid a money ff shift.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Is there a way to get full control of the cruise control bottoms (as it would function in stock form)? Currently with the tune it only increases and decreases 1mph at a time, not in the 5mph increments.

No big deal if it can’t be done, just figured I would ask.

If you push and hold the button it increases or decreases 5 MPH at a time.

Rollback50k

Yeshhhhhhhhh
If you push and hold the button it increases or decreases 5 MPH at a time.

I’ll try holding it next time.

From what I can remember, single pressing RES and SET used to change it 1mph at a time while - and + used to change it in 5mph incriminates.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Quick question about the flat foot shifting: do you have to be in WOT to engage it or will it engage at less than that?
Trying to avoid a money ff shift.
you wont money shift unless you downshift on accident, but yeah with the Cobb FFS if you are not fully to the floor throttle it will redline instantly when you push the clutch ( i have done it 2 times and don't use FF shifting now cause I'm scared) lol.

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
Did you opt for Cobb TC? If so, get an OBD11 and code in full ESC disable. When you hold ESC button for 10 sec, it will turn off all VW TC and the Cobb TC will be working. It's so much better than VW's.
I did not opt for the COBB TC. From my understanding it wasn't that good. But maybe I should have? If so, I wonder if I can get it added?

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
you wont money shift unless you downshift on accident, but yeah with the Cobb FFS if you are not fully to the floor throttle it will redline instantly when you push the clutch ( i have done it 2 times and don't use FF shifting now cause I'm scared) lol.
Ok! Good to know. Probably best for launches then. 1-2-3 with no turbo lag would be nasty. Crushing dreams.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I did not opt for the COBB TC. From my understanding it wasn't that good. But maybe I should have? If so, I wonder if I can get it added?
Cobb TC is free as part of the AP, you should be able to access it still, when you turn the car on, go to “tune” then adjustments.

It’s VERY good traction control especially compared to the boost cutting bog monster that’s the stock TC, Cobb pulls timing to control wheel spin so it’s very linear feeling.

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
Cobb TC is free as part of the AP, you should be able to access it still, when you turn the car on, go to “tune” then adjustments.

It’s VERY good traction control especially compared to the boost cutting bog monster that’s the stock TC, Cobb pulls timing to control wheel spin so it’s very linear feeling.
I wonder how well it does in the snow 🤔 I shall google it! I drove in some snow this morning for the first time and it was pretty fun. Albeit, not very much snow on the roads after it was cleared but I did try to spin. Only spun once. Traction control light didn’t even pop on. Tires seem to be working well Lol

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

It is 1000% times better than VW's on off switch TC control. You don't get the nasty wheel hop, at least with decent tires in the dry, like you do otherwise.

Pickleahoy

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Flashed the OTS Stage 2 93 map and the car absolutely rips even at partial throttle. I had no clue the stock turbo could spool this damned quick! What a night and day difference from piggyback stuff, it really surprises you to hear the turbo spin to boost right away with the lightest dab of throttle. I also love the upgrade in boost in low gears where VW neuters the throttle stock.

Only criticism is that if you drive stick the burbles on sport mode should be avoided. The car cuts ignition abruptly on throttle release making everyone in the car jerk forward just so it makes the pops and noises, it's really intrusive and really annoying to you and your passengers. It probably is only worthwhile for fun when you are shifting full throttle, otherwise you will give whiplash to everyone in the car.

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
It is 1000% times better than VW's on off switch TC control. You don't get the nasty wheel hop, at least with decent tires in the dry, like you do otherwise.
Thanks. I bet I was thinking of the Launch Control. I have to install the DSG so will activate the Cobb TC. Then I need an OBD11! 😆

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Thanks. I bet I was thinking of the Launch Control. I have to install the DSG so will activate the Cobb TC. Then I need an OBD11! 😆

OBD11 is awesome if you don't go nuts. I've done the increased traction for the VAQ, some ABS tweaks for the brakes, and the TC. Keep it simple.