GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How are the EQT OTS / base Accessport tunes?

Ghost GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
I don't see much part throttle KR in this car, but it's not nearly as concerning since cylinder pressure is so much lower.
Yeah its very very few here. Like, in 10-15 minutes of regular driving, I see it randomly jump for a split second then back.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance

Rollback50k

Yeshhhhhhhhh
Question, I see some people throwing their logs up on here. Can adjustments even be made to an OTS staged tune? (I was under the impression that you couldn’t)

Are the folks posting them most likely on custom Etunes or only posting to get some peace in mind?

thanks!

CaptainRatty

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Question, I see some people throwing their logs up on here. Can adjustments even be made to an OTS staged tune? (I was under the impression that you couldn’t)

Are the folks posting them most likely on custom Etunes or only posting to get some peace in mind?

thanks!
No adjustments can be made to the OTS tunes. Some folks might be posting logs from custom tunes, but to me that’s what you’re paying Ed and his crew to analyze.

Most are just looking for feedback on how the OTS tune is running on their car.

Doge

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 GTI

thanks!
Mine's OTS tune. I know OTS tunes are configured to be a bit more conservative to compensate for bad fuels and other conditions. But I'm new to tuned cars so just want to dot the i's and cross the t's to make sure nothing's being pushed over the limit and blow up my car :D

Rollback50k

Yeshhhhhhhhh
No adjustments can be made to the OTS tunes. Some folks might be posting logs from custom tunes, but to me that’s what you’re paying Ed and his crew to analyze.

Most are just looking for feedback on how the OTS tune is running on their car.
Gotcha ok cool. Sounds similar to jb4 unit (being able to run logs and have it tweaked. Obviously there were limits as to what you could tweak with jb4 but same idea/concept)

should be getting mine Thursday/Friday. Cant wait to finally feel what the dsg tune hype is al about lol.

Ghost GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG

thanks!
I posted just to make sure my shit isn't gonna explode LOL

Ghost GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
I'll be switching gas today to see if anything changes, but on a long trip, I saw some -4.22 across 2 cylinders, other two at -3.7. Getting a little concerned now given the car has only 2k mile, no other modifications aside from the EQT Stage 1 (and TCU) and a drop in filter.

CaptainRatty

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I'll be switching gas today to see if anything changes, but on a long trip, I saw some -4.22 across 2 cylinders, other two at -3.7. Getting a little concerned now given the car has only 2k mile, no other modifications aside from the EQT Stage 1 (and TCU) and a drop in filter.
Plugs?

Ghost GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Could be your problem right there. Ed recommends one step colder. FWIW, I’m on new Ruthenium’s which are a stock heat range with no issues.
I think their FAQ on their page suggests step colder on Stage 2 and above. I thought Stage 1 says no modifications needed.

I have some rutheniums I purchased a while back for my '16 GTI that I never installed, just never replaced plugs before. First car I'm doing work on and learning as I go, but replacing plugs is the most daunting project I'd tackle so I'm hesitant. Scared of fucking it up.

CaptainRatty

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I think their FAQ on their page suggests step colder on Stage 2 and above. I thought Stage 1 says no modifications needed.

I have some rutheniums I purchased a while back for my '16 GTI that I never installed, just never replaced plugs before. First car I'm doing work on and learning as I go, but replacing plugs is the most daunting project I'd tackle so I'm hesitant. Scared of fucking it up.
The FAQ doesn’t mention specific stages, it just gives a blanket plug recommendation. If you check out the EQT Facebook page where Ed provides much of his customer service, you’ll see the consensus is step colder on stage 1 and 2.

However, there’s enough evidence on this forum and some on that very page to prove that Ruthenium’s work fine too so I’m ok with running those for now.

Ghost GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
The FAQ doesn’t mention specific stages, it just gives a blanket plug recommendation. If you check out the EQT Facebook page where Ed provides much of his customer service, you’ll see the consensus is step colder on stage 1 and 2.

However, there’s enough evidence on this forum and some on that very page to prove that Ruthenium’s work fine too so I’m ok with running those for now.
What are you gapped at? I guess I'll try to swap the plugs.