GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jacking up the car

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Can’t jack up on the rear pad just a little higher?

You can do that for the first side, but the second side (getting stands 3 and 4 under) it's pretty sketchy and unbalanced trying to jack the entire half of the car from the rear pad.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
I see. Think this is why I always ramp one end or put the stands under the front subframe if I need all 4 wheels up. I usually just do what feels stable on my cracking driveway. Was hoping the pads would’ve helped with this. 😕

Last edited:

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
I just go as far back on the front pinch weld as I can to still allow a jackstand to fit, then lift the whole side. I'm not sure where everyone is finding all the difficulty, since I've been doing this same method on many cars over the years and everyone I see at the track does the same. It may crack the plastic there if you have a large jack surface or pad, but that's the plastic trim life... Chances are someone with a 4 post already broke it for you.

Every time you lift a car there's a risk, whether it's with a pro lift, quickjacks, ramps, or a floor jack. All can fail, and have.

Last edited:

Tacomonster

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Gti 2019

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
8E087B96-137C-4896-99E6-40D84001D8F5.jpeg
D6EE58DD-D6E8-4B87-89F6-2A877E49AF2D.jpeg
19FE2147-C6B0-4C8C-862D-CF17F666A812.jpeg

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie

How I Jack a side or all 4. Jack the front at a pinch weld.
I use an aluminum one with plastic spacer in between. Hugs the pinch weld. Jack high enough and rear tire will also come off ground. Place my flat top stand on the rear Audi Jack point. Place front flat top stand at front Audi spot. You do have to make sure room for Jack and stand to fit. Takes some practice. My flat top stands have 3 legs so you can move so it sits around end of Jack. Slowly lower and adjust stands so they are centered on pads. Lower and one side is now lifted. Then jack other side from front pinch and place stands same way. Make sure while you Jack other side the Jack stand is rolling into car and not pulling car over to it and maybe off stands on other side. I Jack on gravel drive I must use a thin plywood board for Jack to roll. Otherwise it would just pull car to one side.

Last edited:

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
This is good info for jacking up entire car, if I was doing brakes or something I would probably just jack up one side at a time or one tire at a time.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Do you find the audi jack pads worth the investment? Got any photos of where the front pad is installed?
Is it worth it? I'd say probably not. I rarely use the front ones, they hang lower than the rears so there's no enough clearance for my low profile jack with a hockey puck on it and doesn't exactly inspire confidence lifting. Also depending on your floorjack, you may not have adequate space to fit a jack stand near at the pinch weld as the floorjack will be interfering.

Another user posted pictures here: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/oem-audi-jack-pad-adapters-trim.338890/