GOLFMKV

APR Probem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenchyfromfl

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R DSG
Sorry about the troubles. Which part number did you order? What's your order number. I'll investigate and see if I can get you an answer.

Inventory levels: Website lists "in stock" only if the item is in stock in our ERP system. ETAs are based on whatever ETA we have in the ERP system. If the date comes and goes, they get pushed back until parts are ready. Internally we've discussed how when a date comes and goes, it will just piss people off (rightfully so), but I don't have a better solution other than listing no ETA at all (which also makes people upset).

Hubcentric: Our wheels are hub centric. The interlocking ring is metal. There's no wobble or issues. These aren't the flimsy plastic rings that crush, crumble, and melt.

Also, my issued is mostly how customer service is handling it. If I order something listed STOCK, I expect it to ship within a couple of days.
I did wait and then contacted them to get an update. I was told a picking ticket was already created and that it would ship same day of the day after.
Then nothing, and when I asked again, I got the excuse of the hub rings missing, and that you just received them (last Friday), and then get even more yesterday(Monday).
Now, when I ask again because I thought it would ship last Friday, I get no ETA, hub rings are still not there, and I have to wait for my turn....so I guess stop asking...

Really not the best way to handle customers!

cb1111

Sorry about the troubles. Which part number did you order? What's your order number. I'll investigate and see if I can get you an answer.

Inventory levels: Website lists "in stock" only if the item is in stock in our ERP system. ETAs are based on whatever ETA we have in the ERP system. If the date comes and goes, they get pushed back until parts are ready. Internally we've discussed how when a date comes and goes, it will just piss people off (rightfully so), but I don't have a better solution other than listing no ETA at all (which also makes people upset).

Hubcentric: Our wheels are hub centric. The interlocking ring is metal. There's no wobble or issues. These aren't the flimsy plastic rings that crush, crumble, and melt.
Wait...what????? Perhaps that is your definition of hubcentric, but it certainly isn't correct.

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
Worth the wait, personally. Yes, they have metal hubcentric rings. Their wheels are all 66.1 (audi) and come with the metal 57.1 (vw) rings. No drama after many thousands of miles on mine.

Listen, i'll never outright defend APR. General statement here, but eta's are eta's. Systems update as quickly as they can. Maybe it showed in stock when ordered, but the system wasn't refreshed or someone got an order in right before you. It's a hot product. Pandemic has slowed supply chains, and demand has slowed availability. I don't see how this is a thread. It's not like bitching to customer service will magically make some wheels appear. Wait, or buy something else.

Sorry, maybe i'm looking at this wrong, but that's how I feel.

APR WHEEL TAX:

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Worth the wait, personally. Yes, they have metal hubcentric rings. Their wheels are all 66.1 (audi) and come with the metal 57.1 (vw) rings. No drama after many thousands of miles on mine.

Listen, i'll never outright defend APR. General statement here, but eta's are eta's. Systems update as quickly as they can. Maybe it showed in stock when ordered, but the system wasn't refreshed or someone got an order in right before you. It's a hot product. Pandemic has slowed supply chains, and demand has slowed availability. I don't see how this is a thread. It's not like bitching to customer service will magically make some wheels appear. Wait, or buy something else.

APR WHEEL TAX:

Your GSW looks great. I have one too:

Frenchyfromfl

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R DSG

APR WHEEL TAX:

Yeah I think you read it wrong.... I ordered because it said STOCK, then was told it was ready to ship.... and now when I ask I get NO ETA, they won't give me a real answer.
That's my issue.

Frenchyfromfl

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R DSG
Yeah I think you read it wrong.... I ordered because it said STOCK, then was told it was ready to ship.... and now when I ask I get NO ETA, they won't give me a real answer.
That's my issue.

and for the record, not bitchin, just trying to see if this is normal with APR and other people are in my situation... because 3 months behind on orders, I would expect people complaining...

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
That's my issue.

No, I read that right and I don't think it changes anything I wrote. Was everything you read system generated or did someone outright tell you it's ready to ship? If so, then maybe my position changes.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
I spoke with the team. Your wheel order is in stock, just not rings. I think there was some sort of disconnect and thats why they showed "in stock" and were later updated to not being in stock. I do apologize for this. Obviously not ideal and I totally get why you're upset. We've been pumping out rings and I'm told this should be sorted quickly.

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
I mean, i'm coming from ECS eta issues FOR YEARS NOW, ordering from E-ACCA and exercising crazy patience.

Hell, my APR wheel order took me 2+ months. When APR finally got them in stock (and yes, I called) it took another two weeks to get back out due to recieve in and quality checks. I am OK with all of this.

cb1111

Our wheels are hubcentric on both of the common VAG setups. They are not lubcentric.

I spoke with the team. Your wheel order is in stock, just not rings. I think there was some sort of disconnect and thats why they showed "in stock" and were later updated to not being in stock. I do apologize for this. Obviously not ideal and I totally get why you're upset. We've been pumping out rings and I'm told this should be sorted quickly.
The common definition of hubcentric is that you take the wheels and bolt them on your car. If the wheels require hub centric rings to make the wheels fit, then the wheel really isn't hubcentric, is it?

Here, you have the wheels that don't fit without the rings (which you don't have) so they don't fit the car and should never have been in stock.

So the real answer is "we screwed up, here's what we're going to do to make it right."

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Not wheels, but their red and blue coil packs are on backorder. Had originally ordered blue and they were supposed to ship nov 2nd. Then found out they wouldn't ship till end of the month, so changed to grey which were in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.