Car(s)
2017 GTI 6MT
bump for interest

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Anyone got a set for sale before I order from SRS? 😁

While an "official" group buy couldn't happen, I wonder if there would be enough interest or be feasible to just place a bulk order from SRS? Shipping is half the cost, and looks to be the same at ~$100 regardless if 1 set is ordered, or 5. Get 5 people to go in, and should be able to change the price from $230 to ~$165ish (includes an estimated $20 to distribute out in the US).

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
While an "official" group buy couldn't happen, I wonder if there would be enough interest or be feasible to just place a bulk order from SRS? Shipping is half the cost, and looks to be the same at ~$100 regardless if 1 set is ordered, or 5. Get 5 people to go in, and should be able to change the price from $230 to ~$165ish (includes an estimated $20 to distribute out in the US).
Their shipping is painful, lol...granted my package is large as I ordered a set of their fenders and shipping was $280
Alone! And it’s sitting stagnant in Germany now with no updates from tracking since its was received in Germany’s distribution center on the 26th. Sucks...

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3

It would have to go to one person. Then they would have to ship to the other GB members.

Just got a response from srs tech about a group buy:

540 Euros for 5 - shipped for CA ~ $130 split 5 ways (not including shipping to other parts of US)

995 Euros for 10 - shipped to CA $118.2 split 10 ways. (Not including shipping to other parts)

Does NOT include the VATS tax... so I guess this would be the best deal we can get. Maybe $130-140 if 10 people buy in...

Group buy anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
It would have to go to one person. Then they would have to ship to the other GB members.

That's what I mean. One person get sent money from others to order, order X amount of pairs, get the package, then they ship them to everyone.

Unfortunately, that post was 3 years ago, and nothing ever happened. The issue I see, is nobody probably wants to just blindly send a stranger on the internet money for who knows how long on the promise of receiving flares at some point.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
That's what I mean. One person get sent money from others to order, order X amount of pairs, get the package, then they ship them to everyone.

Unfortunately, that post was 3 years ago, and nothing ever happened. The issue I see, is nobody probably wants to just blindly send a stranger on the internet money for who knows how long on the promise of receiving flares at some point.

That...and I don't think anyone actaully committed to conducting the group buy. Teemmy actually only lives 20 mins from me. He moved on from his Mk7 months ago.

The SRS package looks pretty big. If it had to be shipped out from So Cal to the east coast...it could be anywhere from $40 to 60.