Tacomonster

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Gti 2019

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Depends on your floor jack setup. I have a 2.5 ton hydraulic with a 2" diameter lift pad, the pinch weld pucks are 3" in diameter. So its a little tight, but doable. You could always go the ShopDAP way, and jack up the rear high to set the stand in the front:

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
You could always go the ShopDAP way, and jack up the rear high to set the stand in the front:
Horrible way to jack up the car in my opinion, I cringe when I see this.

Personally I found the fastest/safest way to jack the whole front from the subframe, have a piece of wood or hockey puck on the pad of the low profile jack and it'll get the whole front end in the air. In the rear you'll see a flat area with two grommets that you can use to jack up on an angle and then slide a jack stand under the pinch weld.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Horrible way to jack up the car in my opinion, I cringe when I see this.

Personally I found the fastest/safest way to jack the whole front from the subframe, have a piece of wood or hockey puck on the pad of the low profile jack and it'll get the whole front end in the air. In the rear you'll see a flat area with two grommets that you can use to jack up on an angle and then slide a jack stand under the pinch weld.
From the front you jack up by the dogbone lip?

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Good read on an alternative rear jack point too. I know you have skid trays, so subframe for the front is out. Not sure how far back they run, but may work for you on the rear:
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/jacking-points-axle-stands.314507/page-3
I always use metal ramps on one end of the car and stands on another. Have to lift the car onto them because these cars don’t drive on ramps without plastic damage. Enables you to get one side up from either weld. Till my Audi jack pads come in at least.

Got these pads from amazon for like $5. I suspect they’ll crack after a while but better than screwing up my welds more than they are getting.
7A81D9AA-73F1-4910-8379-C55278D0F011.jpeg

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
400-500 for secure stands, 300+ for a good jack. I’ve thought about the price of the quickjack vs that. Was gonna upgrade my harbor freights but decided to save for a quickjack myself.

You won't regret it.. I had to change all the brakes all the way around and bleed the brake system and it was pretty awesome to do it with all the wheels off. I got the 7000 lb. one over the 5000 lb. one off costco for the same price.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Audi jack pads are useless. If you jack the front up from the side (just behind the front wheel) there's no room to get the stand on the pinch weld. I tried the jack pads and ended up getting QuickJacks and it's just so much easier and safer to lift the car up. I've lifted the car up onto stands using just the pinch welds (super scary and sketchy), Audi jack pads, and Quickjacks and IMO the best way to lift an MK7 is with QuickJacks.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Still think a U jack would be best bet if looking to use the pinch welds for lifting and stands. You lift with the jack and jack stand together and remove the jack after.
1604273765363.png

1604274052296.png

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
From the front you jack up by the dogbone lip?
Left or right of it, I have the 034 insert in and it doesn't sit flush so I avoid jacking directly over that.

Got these pads from amazon for like $5. I suspect they’ll crack after a while but better than screwing up my welds more than they are getting.
Should've got those from day one. The coating is destroyed on my pinch welds anyways so I stopped caring :(

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Left or right of it, I have the 034 insert in and it doesn't sit flush so I avoid jacking directly over that.

Should've got those from day one. The coating is destroyed on my pinch welds anyways so I stopped caring :(
Sounds good. I have a puck upgrade as well so can’t put mine directly under; Was hoping this could be done with. I put a little gun grease on my welds each time I use em since the coating rubbed off. It’s worked on my caliper hats in FL wetness and sand so figured it’ll work down under too

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Audi jack pads are useless. If you jack the front up from the side (just behind the front wheel) there's no room to get the stand on the pinch weld. I tried the jack pads and ended up getting QuickJacks and it's just so much easier and safer to lift the car up. I've lifted the car up onto stands using just the pinch welds (super scary and sketchy), Audi jack pads, and Quickjacks and IMO the best way to lift an MK7 is with QuickJacks.
Can’t jack up on the rear pad just a little higher?