GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NAR Golf 1.8 TSI MK7 to 7.5 Tail Light Issue

keggo

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
TDI S 6spd
@Cssoz, just follow Zero's five-step method and you'll have it done in no time. Be sure to pay close attention to the coding and really understand what's going on with it.

Cssoz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 7, 2017 1.8T
@Cssoz, just follow Zero's five-step method and you'll have it done in no time. Be sure to pay close attention to the coding and really understand what's going on with it.
Ya I got it all working!

Except that I need to get a repair wire and cut/scotch lock it.

Did you fish it through the panel? And your scotch lock. Does it look like this?

keggo

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
TDI S 6spd
Ya I got it all working!

Except that I need to get a repair wire and cut/scotch lock it.

Did you fish it through the panel? And your scotch lock. Does it look like this?

Hooray!! So glad to hear you got it working! :D

Yeah, I fished it through. It's easiest just to pull the whole panel off so you can properly put it through, but I did it at around 1am and didn't want to be loud, so I struggled with some fish tape for a bit. LOL

Cssoz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 7, 2017 1.8T
Hooray!! So glad to hear you got it working! :D

Yeah, I fished it through. It's easiest just to pull the whole panel off so you can properly put it through, but I did it at around 1am and didn't want to be loud, so I struggled with some fish tape for a bit. LOL
LOL. so your scotch locks, does it look like these ones ? https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMWxWaX

keggo

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
TDI S 6spd

Cssoz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 7, 2017 1.8T
Totally forgot to reply to that part. Yes, those are the same type I used. :)

hey can u post a picture of your final wiring for the left reverse light ? how it's connected and full picture of the end result wiring with the panel on ?

Im still trying to look for scrotch locks size AMG20 =[

keggo

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
TDI S 6spd
hey can u post a picture of your final wiring for the left reverse light ? how it's connected and full picture of the end result wiring with the panel on ?

Im still trying to look for scrotch locks size AMG20 =[

Hm... I had actually forgotten about it, and to be honest, it's not pretty. LOL The easiest way, especially if you're still waiting to find scotch locks, would be to just buy a repair wire with the proper size terminal so patch the two sides together, which is what I plan to do. :)

Cssoz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 7, 2017 1.8T
Hm... I had actually forgotten about it, and to be honest, it's not pretty. LOL The easiest way, especially if you're still waiting to find scotch locks, would be to just buy a repair wire with the proper size terminal so patch the two sides together, which is what I plan to do. :)

When is your wire arriving?
@Nissanskylinen1 any news on your new wire for left reverse light?

keggo

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
TDI S 6spd
When is your wire arriving?
@Nissanskylinen1 any news on your new wire for left reverse light?

I haven't ordered the specific wiring yet, but I'm probably just going to get these terminals and make my own repair wire. I'll have extra for other spots on the car that require this lug size. I think portions of the BCM and the headlight switch use the same, but I could be mistaken.

Cssoz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 7, 2017 1.8T
I haven't ordered the specific wiring yet, but I'm probably just going to get these terminals and make my own repair wire. I'll have extra for other spots on the car that require this lug size. I think portions of the BCM and the headlight switch use the same, but I could be mistaken.

when you said you are going to "patch" the two wires, what do you mean? I google it and seems like taking copper wires out and solder it.

scotch lock seems to be the best way still in my 0 experience opinion

let me know what you think! Im trying not to go to a shop and get it done by someone else.

Last edited:

keggo

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
TDI S 6spd
Well, generally, the term can be used for any kind of splicing. But, with the terminals I linked in the last comment, you can just crimp them (do it well), then heatshrink and use a single wire between each connector. Let me make one, make sure it works, then I'll make another and send it to you. :)

Cssoz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 7, 2017 1.8T
Got the reverse lights all buttoned up. Huzzah!

I ended up bridging them together late last night. I had a short pigtail with the proper pin socket from another component which I used for the left-inner pin4, then scotch-locked a piece of wire between that and pin4 on the inner-right.

You really don’t need to remove the hatch panel on the inside if you have some fish tape, but considering how easy it is to remove the panel, you may as well do that.

I got it all done pretty quickly. Did all the coding first, then repinned, then bridged the lights. Just make sure you properly insulate the outer left grey/black pin when you remove it. :)

Did you wire it through that way like the line I made?
I don't want to take off the panel and I'm thinking of using my "cable feeder/Fish tape" to feed it. from passenger to driver side just like how the arrow

How did you do it ! Pictures if you can? =D

I got the wire and scrotch-lok AWG18-22 size (20 is what we need I think!)

Thank you!

IMG_MJL_☣️-Night-Owl-🦉_20201022_000156271_2.jpg

Nissanskylinen1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'16 R w/DCC & Nav
4. Reactivate left reverse light
Plug a repair wire (000979025E) into inner-left Pin4 and attach it to inner-right Pin4 wire.
Hey Zero can you confirm that this is the correct part number? I just got the wire in the mail today and the end is too small for the connector.

keggo

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
TDI S 6spd
Did you wire it through that way like the line I made?
I don't want to take off the panel and I'm thinking of using my "cable feeder/Fish tape" to feed it. from passenger to driver side just like how the arrow

How did you do it ! Pictures if you can? =D

I got the wire and scrotch-lok AWG18-22 size (20 is what we need I think!)

Thank you!

View attachment 189513

Yep! That's exactly how I ran it. :) You can just pull the plastic down a little bit and route it so you don't have to take the whole hatch card off. I JUST got the terminals in from Poland, so I'm going to make my harness, but I haven't had any issues with the scotch-locks, so I may just leave it for now. haha