GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PSA: TPC20 - not recommended

Navi

Autocross Champion
expose me. go ahead. I don't care. I'll help you. Here is some of it:

Here you are saying you make 375hp.. That sounds like is38 power to me. You said you dynoed with a boost leak. Who does that??? That's an easy way to blow the turbo, but I'm sure you know that. Ok spark plugs and mileage are going to rob you of 30hp? Then you said you expect 400. Then you say it's better than an is38 spool wise. It's not. Not even close.

But be my guest. Post up everything we've spoke about. I have all our conversation also. I'm not making anything up or lying about anything that has happened. The fact remains that the turbo you keep shilling for is unreliable, the owner hides it, and you guys are all over the place with pushing how "great" it is. If you want names, Tyrol Sport, Elite Motor Sport and TCR all told me to stay away from this turbo. They all said to go with an EQT. As far as tuning, Ed and UM both said the turbo is garbage. If that's not good enough for you, I'm sending the turbo to Turbo Direct in Africa for them to tear it apart and post their findings.

The fact remains that an IS38 is more reliable and makes the similar power on pump with stock fueling.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Lord_Flexington, are you associated with TPC? If so, guy... you're not helping the brand image. This is not how a professional business would respond to a poor review of their products and/or services... regardless of the way the review was written.

I say this as someone who has zero connection to any of this and could care less, take from it what you will.

He is associated with them.

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
I. AM. SO. LATE.

Just got my TPC38 BB installed today. Made 473whp/430wtq on full e85. We'll see how long it lasts.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
KVDP.gif

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Lord_Flexington, are you associated with TPC? If so, guy... you're not helping the brand image. This is not how a professional business would respond to a poor review of their products and/or services... regardless of the way the review was written.

I say this as someone who has zero connection to any of this and could care less, take from it what you will.
No no. He's not posting their actual response to this. He's not explaining or showcasing all the info.

Please consider what I wrote above.

Show us the full convo Navi. All of it.

Let's go.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Keep this thread civil or it will be deleted.
I have already agreed to be civil. I just want factual information from someone who I did my best to help and then suddenly calls me out.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
I have already agreed to be civil. I just want factual information from someone who I did my best to help and then suddenly calls me out.
I was talking to everyone just as a fair warning... has all of the right things that could turn ugly fast.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
I was talking to everyone just as a fair warning... has all of the right things that could turn ugly fast.
I very much agree. I want to the resolution to be found. It's not fair that someone can say something so damaging without being truthful about how we got to this point.

Especially from someone who literally last messaged me

"turbo is good, no idea what was wrong. Nick took care of it and that was that....car seems strong so fuck it, fullsend"

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
MPI?

Also, I don't see that unit on their website, what does it cost?
MPI yes. It cost me $500 after my TPC20s shaft failed.

Navi

Autocross Champion

Yes. Let’s keep it civil so that the info is out there. Or we can even lock it so it doesn’t get worse but people are still aware.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Yes. Let’s keep it civil so that the info is out there. Or we can even lock it so it doesn’t get worse but people are still aware.
Answer my questions and don't run away from this conversation.

Navi

Autocross Champion
I very much agree. I want to the resolution to be found. It's not fair that someone can say something so damaging without being truthful about how we got to this point.

Especially from someone who literally last messaged me

"turbo is good, no idea what was wrong. Nick took care of it and that was that....car seems strong so fuck it, fullsend"

Yeah I said in my initial post. I said he replaced it. And it worked for a period of time. I never said otherwise. Come on man you’re focusing on one thing when I have presented a whole picture. You did this in Springer’s thread also. Of course nick is gonna take care of it. That’s besides the point. I won’t be responding to you going forward because we all know you have interests/stakes in TPC. I also don’t want to muddy up the thread and have it deleted bc it’s important people know the truth which I have not misrepresented. .