GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Sadly that truly is what a lot of people think. Cops are idiots who got beat up on high school and now want to go puff their chests out. Anyone with intelligence would choose a different line of work.

I have 5 or 6 friends that are cops, none fit that bill. All educated, good people that worked with and friends with all races in military service and as officers. There's certainly idiots like your post, but it isn't that simple. It's a systemic issue involving our laws, police policies, and training.

Last edited:

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Imagine thinking that police are more capable of dealing with mentally ill and special needs patients than people that do that for a living.

And when one of those mentally ill people attack a social worker, as often happens, then what?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
And when one of those mentally ill people attack a social worker, as often happens, then what?

Instead of 6 cops showing up, a couple cops and a social worker or mental health expert respond.

Pretty simple. Do you really not understand that 5 or 6 cops surrounding a mentally ill person escalates the situation and increases the chances of a bad outcome?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Why do you believe that agencies that are specifically for a purpose (mental health, addiction, poverty) "aren't qualified to deal with" the problems they were in fact created to deal with, but a police officer is?

It depends on the situation. Often times the mentally ill person is also on drugs and armed.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Instead of 6 cops showing up, a couple cops and a social worker or mental health expert respond.

Pretty simple.

And when one of the social workers is killed then what? I can see taking one person who is trained to deal with mentally ill people.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I believe that is an EXTREMELY broad generalization. Have you ever dealt with mental illness in your family or close friends?

No I haven't but we're not talking about me. In Phoenix there has been several of that type of situation and the person was armed.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
And when one of the social workers is killed then what? I can see taking one person who is trained to deal with mentally ill people.

6 cops surrounding a mentally ill person makes it more likely there's going to be a bad outcome. 2 cops and a social worker makes it less likely.

How is that hard to understand? Cheaper too.

The only downside is the cops can't put on all their cool swat gear and get pumped up.

Last edited:

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
No I haven't but we're not talking about me. In Phoenix there has been several of that type of situation and the person was armed.
Why do you feel the need to make broad, damaging generalizations based on things you have no personal experience with? Do you feel calm when you get pulled over? Now imagine how someone who is not in their right mind would feel, being approached by hostile cops.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Wading in the swamp/thread here with a couple objective questions and 0 judgment- Why do you "support the police 100%"?
I have worked along side these guys as a paramedic. I do agree there is systemic corruption because we have a 2 tier justice system, but I would argue it's more because of Judges and Supervisors. The higher ups. The guys on the streets are doing a thankless job that most of us wouldn't dream of doing because most days you are dealing with the scum of humanity and it sucks. I give them a lot of credit. Believe it or not, they have polled black people and the majority want more police because of black on black crime.

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I have worked along side these guys as a paramedic. I do agree there is systemic corruption because we have a 2 tier justice system, but I would argue it's more because of Judges and Supervisors. The higher ups. The guys on the streets are doing a thankless job that most of us wouldn't dream of doing because most days you are dealing with the scum of humanity and it sucks. I give them a lot of credit. Believe it or not, they have polled black people and the majority want more police because of black on black crime.
Thanks for you work as a paramedic. Cops do have an awful job. Does that not make you question the individuals that choose to take up that profession?

To admit there is systemic corruption would mean that that corruption lies at ALL levels, so based on statistics alone, there would be "corrupt" or bad cops. You still support those individuals?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

You're a paramedic? Or EMT? Don't lie. It's highly unlikely a paramedic wouldn't understand that your pre-existing conditions put you at higher risk, but
pneumonia is the term used to identify a lung infection (the bug that caused it whether it be virus, bacteria, or fungal, doesn’t change the diagnosis)
If you die from kidney failure or lung failure from pneumonia caused by COVID, you died from COVID, not from your diabetes, high blood pressure, or COPD. So you're either a fraud or incompetent if you don't grasp that simple concept.

So you acknowledge systemic corruption in the police, but support them 100%? Sounds like you're a fascist.

Last edited:

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
To me defund the police means public dollars are no longer used to pay for the brutality and wrongful death lawsuits.

It means no longer paying the salaries of chronic violators who have no business being police.

Let their union fund pay the lawsuits
We'll see them police their own pretty quick when they have to actually pay for the actions of the worst of them.