GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

Navi

Autocross Champion
Yesterday, I picked these up for my other car. Sparco FF1 17x8. 18.25 lbs. Sparco's first formed wheel. Really liking them.

Drincc

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI
Neuspeed just released the RSe 06.

View attachment 183489

18.5lbs for 18x8
19.5lbs for 18x8.5

Very tempting in bronze

Getting some AVS VS6 vibes. Tempted, but even though the weight is higher, Fifteen52's Podium interests me. However, my roots in cars is mostly in JDM, so referring to those roots are priority one for me.

Attachments

• 20882383_1413771775404474_1120087240198661867_n.jpg
    20882383_1413771775404474_1120087240198661867_n.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 196

Navi

Autocross Champion
Those look good, didn't realize they were doing flow form too. Made in Italy or China?

Malaysia. I think OZ owns sparco now. Or sparco owns OZ. Either way, they are sharing tech.

patrick_b

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE 6MT
Car I bought has 19's. I want to switch back to 18's to give myself a bit more sidewall for New England roads.

My GTI is not a daily driver, I get a company Ford Edge every three years for work.

I've narrowed it down to Neuspeed or Konig in bronze. My concern is strength. I keep hearing about bending Neuspeed's in the northeast. I assume Konig construction is comparable but there are just so many more RSE wheels on GTI's so we hear about issues more. Do either of these brands offer any benefit in terms of strength?

Last edited:

Navi

Autocross Champion

patrick_b

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE 6MT
Got the new Countergrams tonight, 18x8.5 (19.5lbs) wasn’t chasing a weight as much as I was looking for a wheel styled the way I wanted and within a certain budget...

Exactly how I am thinking about this. What offset did you go with? The Konig Hypergram come in several offsets. My car has H&R Street coilovers and currently has an offset of 45. I figured I'd just mimic that in hopes of a similar look.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I saw these the other day. They are really nice for the price. Mount them up!

yup, got the appointment to get the tires mounted on Saturday!
Exactly how I am thinking about this. What offset did you go with? The Konig Hypergram come in several offsets. My car has H&R Street coilovers and currently has an offset of 45. I figured I'd just mimic that in hopes of a similar look.
Yeah if you want to be safe stick with a 40-45 offset on an 8.5” unless you plan to run more negative camber.

Baka

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2014 GTI PP
Hey, can I ask, has anyone noticed their steering getting lighter, when switching to a light weight wheel of the same size? Thanks

patrick_b

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE 6MT
Yeah if you want to be safe stick with a 40-45 offset on an 8.5” unless you plan to run more negative camber.

Thanks for the help. Double checked and found the 5x112 only come in 43 offset. Ended up ordering a set of 18X8.5 Konig Hypergrams in bronze wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S.