GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion

Shims here. Waiting on the seals to rebuild the calipers

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
I also hope they would help stop squealing from the DS2500 pads.

Interesting, I'm running the same pads and I haven't experienced any squealing. But with everything going on, I also haven't driven the car that much--maybe 300 miles. Under what conditions do you get noise?

pretto93

Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Does anyone have any idea if Motegi MR131 17x8 ET40 would clear macan calipers? currently deployed with the car in storage and id like to watch out for a used set if they could work!

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
Interesting, I'm running the same pads and I haven't experienced any squealing. But with everything going on, I also haven't driven the car that much--maybe 300 miles. Under what conditions do you get noise?
Drive-thru/inside garage speeds. I have about 100 miles on them.

They are 100% better than the Stoptech Sport pads in terms of pedal feel and initial bite. Just the squeal is the only thing. Happens to others in a quick Google search with these pads.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Drive-thru/inside garage speeds. I have about 100 miles on them.

They are 100% better than the Stoptech Sport pads in terms of pedal feel and initial bite. Just the squeal is the only thing. Happens to others in a quick Google search with these pads.
I have DS2500s and get a little squealing at low speeds too. Usually when I first drive the car.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yep, I've run HP+ on the street and also would get a little squeal. It's the price you pay for an aggressive pad.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
I would have thought that case, but what's interesting is that the starts after the brakes are warmed up

Hmm that does seems strange. I didn’t have any noise till after my first track day, but I’ve also had people tell me that often times a track day will also take the noise away, lol. I’m tracking again Saturday, maybe they’ll be quiet after that.

Agray

Go Kart Champion
Coming from non-pp brakes what are you guys doing for the rears? I have 7mm left in the rear so still have some life left. Can I just leave them be and install the Macan Brembos or should the front match the rear in terms of rotor style and pad?

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Coming from non-pp brakes what are you guys doing for the rears? I have 7mm left in the rear so still have some life left. Can I just leave them be and install the Macan Brembos or should the front match the rear in terms of rotor style and pad?
I have non-pp rears and plan on keeping them. Might upgrade the pad at some point. The TCR cars run 272mm rears so that pretty much tells you all you need to know. Some people feel that a more aggressive pad or other rear brake upgrade helps balance out the braking force though.