GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Vortex - MQB Turbo

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
MAP and PUT sensors allow you to run more boost. They can allow the ECU to see above 29psi (AKA, 3bar subtracting ambient pressure; which is the limit of the stock sensors). You can run the upgraded sensors and run stock fueling and 20psi if you wanted. Fueling has no impact on sensor selection and usage. You can run 91 pump and 30psi@3200 on the IS38 with them on stock fueling if you wanted.

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
MAP and PUT sensors allow you to run more boost. They can allow the ECU to see above 29psi (AKA, 3bar subtracting ambient pressure; which is the limit of the stock sensors). You can run the upgraded sensors and run stock fueling and 20psi if you wanted. Fueling has no impact on sensor selection and usage. You can run 91 pump and 30psi@3200 on the IS38 with them on stock fueling if you wanted.

I understand what the MAP and PUT sensors allow you to do or not do. Guess I'm confused as to why OP is running the 5 bar MAP with HPFP only on stock DI (Unless OP didn't add in that MPI and LPFP is being run for whatever reason).
Since I'm going through this process myself upgrading to Vortex Ed has indicated you only upgrade to 5 bar MAP if you are planning to run MPI. Otherwise, he indicated 4 bar PUT is all that is necessary.

Swoofty

Car(s)
2015 GTI S
There's a lot of he said she said out there so here we go. I was told that if i'm only running pump gas (91 ACN) I wouldn't need to upgrade the LPFP and MPI was never mentioned about it (although that would be great for the valve cleaning!) I've got the starter tune from EQT with all my parameters built in.

So my cute little Turbosmart gotta go? What about a Forge BOV or DV+? I can't possibly run STOCK!?! Must... mod.... something....

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
There's a lot of he said she said out there so here we go. I was told that if i'm only running pump gas (91 ACN) I wouldn't need to upgrade the LPFP and MPI was never mentioned about it (although that would be great for the valve cleaning!) I've got the starter tune from EQT with all my parameters built in.

Just a suggestion and feel free to tell me to take a hike :), but i would just be sure that if you are working with Nick on the tune (or Ed for that matter) you confirm for sure that the starter tune you have is for the 5bar MAP AND 4 bar PUT. Just saying in all my convos with Ed (email screen shot attached) if you were only running 91 that you would not run a 5 bar MAP. Could be that the starter map you have doesn't account for that 5 bar map? Just maybe worth double checking

Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 11.50.55 AM.png

Swoofty

Car(s)
2015 GTI S
No more CEL now with the stock DV back in, but the butt dyno liked the Turbosmart better. TS says the Kompact EM that I was using is only rated for <400hp. I guess I can verify that now.
I've got a 2015 stock DV; is there an updated OEM DV or are they all they same from 2014 to present?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I guess that's a question for Ed then. I run MPI and have only a 4bar PUT. It may have to do with fueling control being better with the 5bar as it can read vacuum properly out past 2bar boost.
What’s the PN for the 4bar you are using?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Just a suggestion and feel free to tell me to take a hike :), but i would just be sure that if you are working with Nick on the tune (or Ed for that matter) you confirm for sure that the starter tune you have is for the 5bar MAP AND 4 bar PUT. Just saying in all my convos with Ed (email screen shot attached) if you were only running 91 that you would not run a 5 bar MAP. Could be that the starter map you have doesn't account for that 5 bar map? Just maybe worth double checking

View attachment 180827
As I’m experiencing this right now while getting tuned with Cobb - if they file is not written with the right scaling it shows on the AP gauges For the boost and also the car not only throws a code but it goes into limp mode and won’t boost at all.

OP- I’m running the forge BOV and can say it was great before with the jb4- but with Cobb it’s deff not playing nice - it’s very inconsistent in its actions, and as it pains me I’m going to remove it tonight, at least for now.