GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 2.5

Omar16624

I recently got a 2010 mk6 2.5. Was wondering what I could get out of it. What mods are worth it. And please don’t bring up the buy a gti route. I’m 17, and have a crash under my belt. I tried getting one and insurance would be almost 500 a month so don’t even waste my time. I might get one in the future when the insurance payment becomes lower but that’s gonna be a couple of years, but till then. I’m wondering wether a tune is worth it. Sri. Etc

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Stage 1 with CAI is mandatory on this car IMHO. Also, suspenion, lighter wheels and better tires. Upgrading the steering wheel and stereo adds a lot as well. Exhaust just adds sound and changes the look but no performance gain.

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Beating a dead horse, but, tune and suspension for sure. What Miles does it have on it? I'd do upgraded coils/new plugs...(valve cover gasket + PCV diaphragm - Cheap peace of mind). Run good oil as well, I do mine every 6-7kms. My car's turning 9 this month, 192000km, with zero headaches and nothing but standard consumables thus far.

Omar16624

Have 92,000 and yeah suspension is next. My tires get here Thursday. Got some yokohoma advan flees 235/40/17. Have any of you guys used raceland Coilovers. Don’t care much about performance. Just wanna go low

janz3n

sorry to hijack this thread but where the best place in ontario/canada to get a tune from? im looking at getting an injen short ram intake next year and was thinking of getting a tune as well.

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
sorry to hijack this thread but where the best place in ontario/canada to get a tune from? im looking at getting an injen short ram intake next year and was thinking of getting a tune as well.
I'm United Motorsport - got this in Toronto somewhere...linked through the UM site.

Integrated Engineering is the other common one for 2.5's. There's a few on here with that tune. I've read a couple of threads saying IE isn't what it used to be for support etc, but, can't speak to it directly.

It's not adding a ton per say, but, it changes the dynamics of the rev range, gets rid of the rev hang and with the: intake, stage 1, good plugs, coils, and good oil and going up to 91 octane changes the character of the experience and wakes the 2.5 up. Sounds so much better and feels less restricted.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Where are you located? If you are around GTA and purchase an Integrated Engineering (IE) Tune I can install it for you free of charge. I've done several for the guys, the offer expires in December as I'm moving up North.

janz3n

Where are you located? If you are around GTA and purchase an Integrated Engineering (IE) Tune I can install it for you free of charge. I've done several for the guys, the offer expires in December as I'm moving up North.

I'm near Windsor. Thanks for the offer though. If I do tune it it won't be till next year, I still have some maintenance expenses I want to do before a tune.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
I'm near Windsor. Thanks for the offer though. If I do tune it it won't be till next year, I still have some maintenance expenses I want to do before a tune.
Since you are in Windsor, you have options, I'm all for shopping Canadian but its prolly better/cheaper to jump across the border when it opens and get it done.

EDIT: If i get a chance or remember i will post up a pic of the Injen intake on my Brother in Laws Golf 2.5

2.5LfromtheX

Since you are in Windsor, you have options, I'm all for shopping Canadian but its prolly better/cheaper to jump across the border when it opens and get it done.

EDIT: If i get a chance or remember i will post up a pic of the Injen intake on my Brother in Laws Golf 2.5

How's your brother in law like the injen intake? decent sound and reliability?

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
The sound is there coz we use an open cone filter, so think of it as a trumpet. If it was located in a closed box the sound would be muffled, so they all sound pretty much the same ... . IMO the shorter the piping with a cone filter with a bell mouth inside the Cone, better it sounds.... again think of a trumpet.

As for reliability, if you tighten the fasteners properly I would say they are all reliable, except maybe the Carbonio overpriced wierd looking thing, which I hear comes loose and makes rattling sounds from time to time, prolly coz it's made of carbon fibre and you really can't tighten it too much or risk cracking the carbon fibre pipe.

They all fit the stock VW Intake Manifold, if you install a Short Ram Intake Manifold like an IE or UR/HEP, then the fitment goes to sh!t.

Last edited:

karter5

Passed Driver's Ed
Heyyyy! I have an APR carbonio and love it🤤the sound as you’re passing 3k rpm full throttle is amazing. The rattle problem is because the installation uses a self tapping screw which losens but that can be replaced for a more solid bolt. I’m thinking of selling it now sadly, need money. OP I live in Quebec if you’re interested in buying. I’ll sell it with the 2.5 beetle engine cover with it as well.
APR carbonio website