GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 2.5

SliMbo2.5

Ready to race!
I'm United Motorsport - got this in Toronto somewhere...linked through the UM site.

Integrated Engineering is the other common one for 2.5's. There's a few on here with that tune. I've read a couple of threads saying IE isn't what it used to be for support etc, but, can't speak to it directly.

It's not adding a ton per say, but, it changes the dynamics of the rev range, gets rid of the rev hang and with the: intake, stage 1, good plugs, coils, and good oil and going up to 91 octane changes the character of the experience and wakes the 2.5 up. Sounds so much better and feels less restricted.
new mkvi 2.5 owner here, can you elaborate on the rev hang you referenced? I'm definitely getting some 'hang' but I thought it was from the heavy ass flywheel.

janz3n

I dont even notice the rev hang compared to my 9th gen si. My si has been stored for about a month now and I've been driving my golf a lot more. Not sure I even need or want to mod the engine now.

SliMbo2.5

Ready to race!
I definitely need to do something about this 'hang'. It feels like it's taking forever before the revs drop to match the next gear. I'm used to my last mkiv Golf, where it felt like I couldn't change fast enough.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
How's your brother in law like the injen intake? decent sound and reliability?
Sorry I forgot about this post, here is a crappy YouTube video I took of it of the INJEN Cold Air Intake.

Having previously owned and installed other CAI I was presently surprised to see the level of quality of this kit from INJEN. Besides the quality, the next major talking point of this kit is that it actually really separates and create a cold air area for the filter that is fed by the original hood scoop architecture. In this regard it it a lot better than most.

Here are the Pics, sorry about the lighting it was late at night.

Last edited:

janz3n

Sorry I forgot about this post, here is a crappy YouTube video I took of it of the INJEN Cold Air Intake.

Having previously owned and installed other CAI I was presently surprised to see the level of quality of this kit from INJEN. Besides the quality, the next major talking point of this kit is that it actually really separates and create a cold air area for the filter that is fed by the original hood scoop architecture. In this regard it it a lot better than most.

Here are the Pics, sorry about the lighting it was late at night.

Looks good. Im having second thoughts about moding this car, does the intake require a tune?