GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Called out by a Stinger GT!

joshgreensauce

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
whats the weight reduction your running? and yes I would be worried from a tuned stinger, quick search shows they can gain +50hp and they are stock around 250-350 depending on model so it could be near 400?
Even if he puts down around 400 (whp or crank) I weight over 1000 lbs less and currently make about 340 whp and 370 wtq. The power to weight ratio is still in my favor. I have rear seat delete and spare/kit delete

joshgreensauce

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Just looking at the Kia leader board on Dragy, a Stinger with a JB4 or Tork tune will run low 12s/high 11s in the 1/4 and sub-4 0-60. Trap speed (b/c that's all the roll racing guys seem to care about) is in the ~115 range. My opinion, tuned you won't touch him from a dig but you may beat him rolling. No shocker. 2 different cars for 2 different purposes. Big grand tourer vs. a hot hatch.
Yeah for sure. I think the roll would be good if they consistently trap 115.

joshgreensauce

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Already been done take a look at the first race in this video. STINGER was RWD with downpipes, intakes and JB4 tuned. GTI was tuned on e30 with just spare tire out and still on STOCK all season tires. OH and this gti is 6speed
Nice video. Yeah the DSG really helps - probably at least a car length in their speeds. THe guy I raced said he won't do downpipes because he's heard a lot of turbos going out or something. Without the downpipes I think I'd still take him. With downpipes, I'm DSG so it looks like it'd be dead even if the guy gets a decent tune! Maybe i'll brake boost ;)

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Even if he puts down around 400 (whp or crank) I weight over 1000 lbs less and currently make about 340 whp and 370 wtq. The power to weight ratio is still in my favor. I have rear seat delete and spare/kit delete
Ya i vs a range rover supercharge with 2000lb less went to gapplebees. Say he is 420ish and you are fbo 300+ it will be close. Im fbo e30+ and was gapped by a 500+ hp suv. Totally not apples to apples but still. I had 2000lbs and lost by buses

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
So cool, great vid as I thought real close wjth the stinger. Are you brake boosting? Do you do all your runs in 3rd? Are you another sneekytune I forget, do you wear like a headcam gopro or something haha

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
I remember when I first mentioned the Stinger on this forum, and the reactions were like "Why are you even talking about Kia on here? GTFO idiot" 😆