GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Too much oil

RSLICK

Ready to race!
Car(s)
7.5 Autobahn DSG
Howdy, so I read the dipstick, and it showed about half. So, I added maybe 1 pint.. Now it is reading well over the top line. So, I can't get at the plug with no jacks, so I bought 7' of 5/16" plastic tubing, hoping to get it down into the crankcase. I can't get it down. It goes in maybe six inches and no more, even if I giggle it. Do you think if I went to smaller diameter I could get it down?

Thanks in advance.

2018 GTI 7.5

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
Howdy, so I read the dipstick, and it showed about half. So, I added maybe 1 pint.. Now it is reading well over the top line. So, I can't get at the plug with no jacks, so I bought 7' of 5/16" plastic tubing, hoping to get it down into the crankcase. I can't get it down. It goes in maybe six inches and no more, even if I giggle it. Do you think if I went to smaller diameter I could get it down?

Thanks in advance.

2018 GTI 7.5

It should... idk the size tubing my oil pump uses, but I always draw it out of the top of the car when I change my oil

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
I once dumbly did the same thing. Used a very thin length of plastic tubing (could have been brake pipe ?) to manually syphon out the excess the oil, managed to avoid sampling the 'interesting flavour & bouqet d'oil'. Now I keep a small tablet bottle-sized container of oil in the boot and top up a wee bit at a time to avoid further overfils, so far, so good....

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
The real question here is why did you add oil if it was in halfway between the lines? Thats exactly where its supposed to be...

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
The question really becomes just how bad is it for a couple mm over the line?

RSLICK

Ready to race!
Car(s)
7.5 Autobahn DSG
I was able to siphon off a bit. I am now maybe an eighth of an inch over the top line. I am going to live with that. Geez I only added about a pint originally. Lesson is only add a less than half a pint, even when the reading is half way between the lines.