GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Talk me out of it...

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
No man, if you don't put summer tires on it and exploit that limited slip every time you head out - why'd you even buy a GTI?!

Funny, I need tires, and was just having this mental conversation. I could get PS4's, but it's a fwd Golf that I drive my five year old kid and my dog around in, not a GT350 or a Macca 720s, so it will get A/S 3+.

TroyI

Ready to race!
Don't buy it if you don't want to spend more money. You will indefinitely spend at least $1,000 more. AT LEAST.

My original plan was to go Stage 1 and stop. Let's just say, I did not stop.

Gallo-24

Y'all are hilarious! Some great tips here and I definitely appreciate the advice! I definitely like the LP and I will try to ensure I get that. I'm going to try really hard to get the PP but if it's just not in the cards when I'm ready to buy then I'll just try and cope with owning a very slightly less refined version of one of the coolest hot hatches money can buy lol.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Mine is PP and LP, yea it was more, do I miss the extra money I spent? Nope.

Jeff_DML

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
I recommend getting an '18 SE (or above), for which the LP and PP are standard.

Or a 2019 which S (and above) get PP standard.

>>>>
I have had both PP and Non-PP and PP is definitely worth it for me. As someone else mentioned ditching the crappy A/S tires from some good summer tires would make up most for the lack of a LSD for most people.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Don't the 18 and forward base models have the HID from the earlier LP? I prefer my LED's, but the older HID's were still pretty good. An 18 or 19 base with no sunroof, HID's and some Macan front calipers would be mighty nice. I've been eyeballing the wife's Q5 front calipers, I kind of like the raw finish.

Like this? Lol. Love my 4 pot calipers. I have the non pp, non lp, base 15 s model. I do wish I had the lp lights. It really depends on if you want to spend the money up front or over time, but once you look down the molding rabbit hole, there is no end!!

Attachments

• 20200203_153224.jpg
    20200203_153224.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 84

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I got the base, non-PP non-LP, non-10hp, non-diff. I would go with that, cheaper, if you have money why not get the top model but, the only thing i regret is not getting the LP, the LP is a must, which means usually PP. Brakes are whatever as I want some big boys in the future but the aftermarket lights are not as good as OEM LP which is night and day vs the halogen crap the base comes with. I dont really notice a difference with diff as I never had this. 10hp is laughable as its like ... once you get the car your gonna tune it eventually and that will add 80hp or more so 10hp is nothing, even if you dont tune, get an intake and downpipe and that will add 30ish hp

If you add HP you're going to wish that you had the differential.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Like this? Lol. Love my 4 pot calipers. I have the non pp, non lp, base 15 s model. I do wish I had the lp lights. It really depends on if you want to spend the money up front or over time, but once you look down the molding rabbit hole, there is no end!!
I feel like I’m the only modder on here with the base S sometimes haha. When you find a cheapskate way to add a wavetrac lmk! ?