GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ron's 2018 Golf R Build

Roadkill12r

Hi Guys,

I am in the process of a Big Turbo Build for My 2018 Golf R. In the past, I usually keep a performance car a year or so an move on to something else. It all started with a 2012 Corvette Grand Sport 6mt. 8 months later I was in a 2007 BMW M6. Next was a 2013 Mercedes S63 AMG. The Corvette was great to drive but the interior was not great. The M6 fit the bill for about 4 years but was fragile. The AMG was comfy and a torque moster(tuned of course) but not fun to drive. That led me to a 2013 GTI and then to the Golf R. I absolutely love the car so I plan on keeping it and I started with a Unitronic Stage 1+ tune. That kept me satiated for a while but I am after more power so here I am. This is a build for a reliable and fun car that I will semi daily drive. I amy take it to the strip just to see what it will do but it would be on the rare occasion. I also want to keep the car as stock looking as possible. I may do a big brake kit later on but that is not something I am planning on doing right away. The list below comprises of the parts I have procured with all in my possession with the exception of the IE Shortblock and the turbo. The Turbo has been shipped and the shortblock is due to be shipped next week. Ny comments or suggestions are most welcome.

1. DBV2 V2 TBB Turbo
2. DBV2 3.5" Catted Downpipe
3. IE Forged Shortblock
4. IE Intercooler Kit

5. IE Inlet Elbow
6. IE Valve Spring Kit

7. IE CAI
8. PR MPI Kit with 1300cc injectors
9. Walbro 450 LPFP
10. Torquebyte PM4
11. Eurodyne Maestro and DSG Stage 2 software
12. ARP studs
13. APR Boost Tap
14. DBV2 MAP Harness

15. AEM 5 Bar and Bosch 4 Bar Sensors.
16. BFI Complete Engine and Trans Mount Kit

I am lining up the install to be done at GMP Performance in Charlotte and I am going with a tuner recommended by Dan at DBV2. Speaking of Dan, of all the vendors that I have been dealing with getting components, Dan has by far been the most communicative and helpful. Customer service should not end when payment is made. I understand businesses and people get busy, but I like getting a heads up if items are delayed or any issues with getting the item that I have already paid for in a timely manner. Now off my soapbox. Again any suggestions or comments are much appreciated.

Ron

cbass

Couple Loose Screws
Car(s)
milfs
I will need to do more research about the catch can. It seems some people swear by them and others think they are a waste of money. Thanks for the suggestion ?
Hot topic of discussion. Some will say completely unnecessary, others swear by them.

All I can say is, nobody has said, "my engine wouldn't have blown apart if I left my PCV stock."