GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Options for Low Brake Dust Pads?

RonBurgAM

We have a MKVI GTI (2012) and the brakes are terrible. Just took delivery of a MKVII R (2019) and the brakes are vastly improved... with one exception. Brake dust is ridiculous. [Englishtown wheels]

We also have a 2016 Z06. The OEM pads generated a tremendous amount of dust so we switched at 500 miles to Powerstop. They are imported and not suitable for the track but for $132 total material cost, brake dust went to almost nothing with minimal loss of performance on the street.

I have done some searching on this forum but information is sparse.

What are the options for low brake dust pads on the MKVII R?

I understand that some may be content with washing their wheels more frequently, or skeptical that a viable alternate exists. I'm not in that camp. There is usually a better way. Thanks in advance for your insight.

VL3X

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Centric PosiQuiets - low dust, good bite! Ran them on my STI Brembos too because the oem pads were terribly dusty.

MDLBC

Ready to race!
I have the Brembo pads. Less dust (ceramic) than OEM and very quiet but no real improvement in stopping power. Trying Textar next just for kicks.

Montoya fan

Passed Driver's Ed
I-sweep. They are amazing. The street pad has a little better feel than stock and the difference compared to stock in terms of dust is no comparison. I am a neuspeed dealer and sell them. Give us a call. 937-435-5550. They plug right in and have wear sensors also.

mattkosem1

Ready to race!
Carbotech 1521 or EBC Redstuff are probably worth considering.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
We have a MKVI GTI (2012) and the brakes are terrible. Just took delivery of a MKVII R (2019) and the brakes are vastly improved... with one exception. Brake dust is ridiculous. [Englishtown wheels]

We also have a 2016 Z06. The OEM pads generated a tremendous amount of dust so we switched at 500 miles to Powerstop. They are imported and not suitable for the track but for $132 total material cost, brake dust went to almost nothing with minimal loss of performance on the street.

I have done some searching on this forum but information is sparse.

What are the options for low brake dust pads on the MKVII R?

I understand that some may be content with washing their wheels more frequently, or skeptical that a viable alternate exists. I'm not in that camp. There is usually a better way. Thanks in advance for your insight.

I was going to try these: TRW TPC-1633

Some info here on the last page about them...price is right.

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?8036274-Any-good-low-dust-street-pads/page10

RonBurgAM

Thanks

Thanks to all for the recommendations. Link from MiamiBourne is great, didn't think to check Vortex. Still no clear path so some research is in my future. I will post back after I take a look into this further. If anyone else has experience with low dust pads, still very interested in your feedback.

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
I still run the TRW TPC pads and still think they work great, they were fine all winter an still great this spring...well worth the price. OEM fitment, OEM quiet, not OEM dust

MDLBC

Ready to race!
Have you noticed any uneven grooves on the rotor?

Funny you should ask; the answer is no except that I initially installed the pad backwards on one side and did in fact score the rotor. An epic fail on my part. Who would have thought the pad would even fit backwards? Obviously not me. I have had at least three “I’m an idiot” moments when working on this car.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx