GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

best/affordable wheels

Rickys

https://www.super-speed.ca/

Just ordered a set of their ss03 in ti-bronze, pretty reasonable and the wheels I ordered take the OE bolts and weigh 23.7lbs.

They also have flow form wheels.
Here is a photo of what they look like,
superspeed.jpg

Having second thoughts on the color...guess i will see in person.

theDoktor

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Just a polite reminder - As you all probably know, genuine VW wheels use radius taper bolts. Be aware that many non VW wheels require straight taper bolts. Under no circumstances should original conical taper bolts be used on straight taper seats. Make sure you have the correct bolts for replacement wheels. Interesting article at https://www.autoserviceprofessional...g-the-nuts-and-bolts-of-wheel-clamping?Page=3

Let me add to this reminder- the (steel) spare still needs the OEM bolts. Keep a set of 5 in a heavy-duty ziplock with your tire-changing tools.;)

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
do NOT buy after market wheels until you install Eibach pro-kit springs.
Look how good the Austins look after a small drop and 20/12 spacers

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Let me add to this reminder- the (steel) spare still needs the OEM bolts. Keep a set of 5 in a heavy-duty ziplock with your tire-changing tools.;)

This x 1,000

CDM MK7

Ready to race!
SuperSpeed makes great wheels for a great price. The RF03RR's are heavily used by the CTR guys in an 18x9 setup with 255's.

Just grabbed a set of their new flow formed RF05RR. Apologies for the craptastic cell phone photos:

CDM MK7

Ready to race!
^ Those RF05RR’s look great. 19’s I assume?

Thanks! Yes, 19x8.5 et45 with 235/35/19 Azenis FK510. Might grab a 5mm spacer for the rear.

CDM MK7

Ready to race!
Very nice setup.

Thank you. A few track days coming up and I'm interested to see what the reduced sidewall is going to do for turn-in.

CDM MK7

Ready to race!
Those look real good and I like how you went with 19's. Imho 18's are too small on the MK7's especially when running dark colored wheels.

Thanks, and I agree. I ran an 18x8 black setup last year but they just felt a little underwhelming on the aesthetics front. I figured if I could get into a 19x8.5 and keep the weight under 20lbs I'd go for it. These come in at 19.5lbs a piece, and the set was under $1K CDN. Couldn't pass it up.

caleb.mk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 DSG
Those look real good and I like how you went with 19's. Imho 18's are too small on the MK7's especially when running dark colored wheels.

I love my dark 18s :) not really inclined to trade ride quality for aesthetics
too much rim make the ride too hard
And to answer the OP - anything from the Konig FF line is awesome. Top quality and affordable.

Attachments

• img_6684(2).jpg
    img_6684(2).jpg
    424 KB · Views: 4,650

CDM MK7

Ready to race!
not really inclined to trade ride quality for aesthetics
too much rim make the ride too hard

There was no trade off in ride quality going from 18" to 19". Depends entirely on the tire.

Love your wheels, though. Big fan of the Ampliforms!

caleb.mk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 DSG
There was no trade off in ride quality going from 18" to 19". Depends entirely on the tire.

Love your wheels, though. Big fan of the Ampliforms!

Thanks love yours too! I wish I could go 19, I guess I don't actually have any experience.
I've just read guys that "went 19s and took them off 2 days later cause the ride was so harsh"..

That and tyga.. :rolleyes: