GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bear Mountain Run on 05/19/19 @ 9am

davewg

Ready to race!
The 'Central Jersey Meetup' thread group from Vortex will be doing another Bear Mountain run next Sunday, May 19th. I'm starting this thread to gauge interest and to track those who are interested, and to provide meeting place and route information.

The 18 of us that went last time were all MK7 Rs and GTIs, but of course anyone can join.

For all of you who missed the last run, or bailed because of the rain, here's your chance!!

Neither MiamaBourne, who facilitated the May 5th run, nor I will be able to make it next week. If anyone has questions about the route, etc feel free to post here. I will cross post this on Golf Mk7's regional forum too.

Here is some good information from the previous thread (thanks MiamiBourne):

Bring a 2-way radio which is great for communicating in a large group, especially on a car cruise.

We will be using channel 5 and private channel 5.

A good radio as an example is this one but any FRS radio with private/family channels will due:

https://www.amazon.com/Midland-LXT6...ay&sprefix=midland+2+way+radio,aps,157&sr=8-3

This is a cruise and not a race. There are some nice back roads where you can drive spiritedly but you do have to be careful about hikers walking, bicyclist and other family around that are enjoying the area.

Starting Run @ 9am
Kanawauke Picnic Area
Kanawauke Rd, Bear Mountain, NY 10911

Looking to start the run at 9:30am

Stops for Bear Mountain Run: - Back on May 5 the road to the top of Bear Mtn was closed. Hopefully for this run it will be open.

Kanawauke Picnic Area, Kanawauke Rd, Bear Mountain, NY 10911
Tiorati Lake Recreation Area, 3200 Seven Lakes Dr, Southfields, NY 10975
Appalachian Trail Parking, Elk Pen, Southfields, NY 10975
Tuxedo Park and Ride, NY-17A & County Rd 106 & Kanawauke Rd, Southfields, NY 10975
Kanawauke Picnic Area, Kanawauke Rd, Bear Mountain, NY 10911
Perkins Memorial Tower, Perkins Memorial Dr, Stony Point, NY 10980

31.8 Miles and about 1hr of a drive. After the drives we hit up Table 9 (https://www.tablenine.com/ - 92 Roa Hook Rd, Cortlandt, NY 10567) for lunch. Highly recommended for lunch before heading home.

Link to Map for Google Maps (actually routes you):

https://goo.gl/maps/YRwc5HUd5bcQ5Yhm6\

Picture of the route:

Last edited:

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Wish I could go, can't imagine how many people will show up with good weather if we got 18 with rain!

Until the next one!

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
Not sure I'll make this one. Lots to do on the bikes

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Navi

Autocross Champion
I might be in and skip the FCP meet depending if the group is as big as the last event. I'll follow and monitor the thread.

decided to go to the FCP meet instead.. maybe next bear mountain cruise :) Hope you guys have better weather than last time lol.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I'm out also. GF has me scheduled for a family lunch. Hope to make the next one.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
June Dates

Looks like we have had 2 successful meets. Despite the rain on 05/05 we had 18 cars show up and on 05/19 the tally was 25 cars. Sundays at 9am seem to work so we are going to stick with that.

We (WhatsApp Committee) are now looking at the following June dates and will decide shortly on the next date:

• 06/09
  • 06/23
  • 06/30

We are skipping 06/16 because it's fathers day. Just an FYI and if anyone here has a preferred date then let us know.

Thanks,
Alex