GOLFMKV

EQT Golf R vs. SHO and SS Camaro

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Cliff

We're still waiting. How did that SHO outlaunch you? :D

Bad wheel spin [emoji23] Indy 500’s are useless in 30F temps. It was supposed to be a “roll day” but the “fast” cars wanted digs and I wasn’t gonna deny them my tail lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Lovely wins!

Hoon

Autocross Champion
there's no way he should have been multiple bus lengths behind me, RWD or otherwise, if he has a low 11 second car. DA last night was 3200ft. Probably the lowest it'll be all year long.

DA isn't the problem, traction is the problem. He could make 1000whp and run 8s at the track, and he would still lose to an AWD car in frigid temps, on street tires and an unprepped surface.

It was supposed to be a “roll day” but the “fast” cars wanted digs

The SHO made the right decision, but the Camaro owner is an idiot.

Did he think your car was FWD?

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
He claimed to have "googled it" before coming out to the spot. Then he trash talked on the chat group and in person. ;)

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Bad wheel spin [emoji23] Indy 500’s are useless in 30F temps. It was supposed to be a “roll day” but the “fast” cars wanted digs and I wasn’t gonna deny them my tail lights.

Haha, suuuuuure.. Seems like you fell asleep a bit. My car spins like sh*t RN too but I know I'll still outlaunch a Taurus. :D

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
LMAO. Exactly. I didn't even hear the third honk for the first run where his lights were out. I was like WTF okay GO.

Ha, still did pretty well.. As to the Camaro the race will be much closer when temps are better but you'll be able to leave harder as well. Your car is easily a low 11 second car so I don't see the Camaro winning in any situation in the street unless he gets some more HP/good tire out back.

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Ha, still did pretty well.. As to the Camaro the race will be much closer when temps are better but you'll be able to leave harder as well. Your car is easily a low 11 second car so I don't see the Camaro winning in any situation in the street unless he gets some more HP/good tire out back.

Here's to hoping for low 11's at this elevation. When the spring/summer comes, DA jumps a good 3000ft. and we end up with 6000~7000DA. I'm shooting for a solid 11.1~11.2 @ 123~125mph in the high desert in the summer. I also need to be able to not destroy her on the road course. I'm a fan of both disciplines. Arroyo Seco Raceway points season begins March 30th so she should be properly sorted by then.

I commend my kick-ass tuner (Ed) for doing such amazing work with high altitudes. I'm sure this has been one of his more complex tunes (and customers) to deal with. Such an amazing guy, and his work definitely shows it.

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
That car was tune and exhaust.

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
That car was tune and exhaust.

As I said before, traction is the enemy when surface temps are in the 30’s. I don’t care if you have drag radials, you’re not hooking on a city street in the desert with 30F temps. [emoji2373]