GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FCP Euro TT RS Clutch Kit advisory.

elamothe15

Ready to race!
So the OEM flywheels are identical between the GTI and the R but they're both Sachs. Sounds like FCP is now sending out the wrong PP that only works with a replacement Luk flywheel and not either of the OEM Sachs flywheels.

I'm not even sure that this is the case. I checked out the kit currently posted on FCP Euro and the PP part number (883082001394) matches the PP part number that I received last summer which works fine.

Unless the flywheels between the golf R and GTI are truly different. Curious to find out what is actually going on here.

elwood1

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2024 GTI SE DSG
Unless the flywheels between the golf R and GTI are truly different. Curious to find out what is actually going on here.

When I spoke to FCP Euro, they told me that the GTI and the R used a different flywheel, and that they only carried the GTI flywheel. With that information in hand, I ordered my Sachs flywheel from DAP.

nonegiven

Go Kart Newbie
I'm not even sure that this is the case. I checked out the kit currently posted on FCP Euro and the PP part number (883082001394) matches the PP part number that I received last summer which works fine.

Did you use the PP with your stock Sachs flywheel?

elamothe15

Ready to race!
Did you use the PP with your stock Sachs flywheel?

I replaced it with a new OEM Sachs flywheel (06J105266AL) as I didn’t want to have any mating issues as my last flywheel saw some slippage.

FYI I do have a GTI not an R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hooville

Go Kart Newbie

I just installed the FCPEuro SRE kit in my car and can verify that it still works great with the stock Sachs DMS on a 2016 GTI. Same PP as above so the parts in the kit have not changed.

elwood1

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2024 GTI SE DSG
I just installed the FCPEuro SRE kit in my car and can verify that it still works great with the stock Sachs DMS on a 2016 GTI. Same PP as above so the parts in the kit have not changed.

The issue is with the R, when used with the Sachs flywheel. There is no issue with the GTI kit.

elamothe15

Ready to race!
The issue is with the R, when used with the Sachs flywheel. There is no issue with the GTI kit.

The only thing that I can think of that would make this happen is if the GTI and Golf R flywheels are actually different in the end...

elwood1

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2024 GTI SE DSG
The only thing that I can think of that would make this happen is if the GTI and Golf R flywheels are actually different inthe end...

Which I was told is the case by FCP Euro, when I went to them to order a flywheel for my R. They told me they carry the GTI flywheel, but not the R flywheel.

TrinivdubOG

Go Kart Newbie
OEM part number for the R is 06K105266H, the GTI oem part number is 06J105266AL. Perhaps some minor difference between them, hence the part number difference.

nonegiven

Go Kart Newbie
The only thing that I can think of that would make this happen is if the GTI and Golf R flywheels are actually different in the end...
That does make sense but everything that I've seen (even from VW techs) is that they are the same. Must be a small difference that people aren't noticing but is obviously affecting the clutch kits.