GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IS20 POWER

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcgtimk7

Go Kart Newbie
What's the most hp you can make on an Is20, and how?

You can probably make between 340-360whp depending on tune. You'll need to be fbo and probably need to run an ethanol mix or meth. I made 350whp sae with my fbo gti with uni stage2,Jb4 stack and a e40 mix.

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
The tq and fast spool is worth its weight in gold more so than its mediocre horsepower. It has the ability , properly tuned, to run with boosted vettes/beamers/stangs until fourth gear. Then it falls on its face and gets dragged horribly.

People909

Ready to race!
Just wondering because I've saw these YouTube videos of boostedboyz making crazy 700hp out of beatdown civics, and gti power seems so low compared to them

People909

Ready to race!
You can probably make between 340-360whp depending on tune. You'll need to be fbo and probably need to run an ethanol mix or meth. I made 350whp sae with my fbo gti with uni stage2,Jb4 stack and a e40 mix.

On the gti what does full bolt on consist of?

People909

Ready to race!
The tq and fast spool is worth its weight in gold more so than its mediocre horsepower. It has the ability , properly tuned, to run with boosted vettes/beamers/stangs until fourth gear. Then it falls on its face and gets dragged horribly.
That's not bad, so cars like sti's, neon srt4, caliber srt4's the gti can take? I'll be running the 1.5 HT or adjustable with ethanol whichever one works best

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Just wondering because I've saw these YouTube videos of boostedboyz making crazy 700hp out of beatdown civics, and gti power seems so low compared to them

They aren’t running a tiny internally gated turbo on those beat down civics though, and most of them have a swapped engine.

There’s a local H20 big turbo civic coupe that’s dead even with my FBO gti

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
When you say FBO, at minimum you are running, DP, intercooler, and intake (or drop in filter)....maybe CBE as well, though not important

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
When you say FBO, at minimum you are running, DP, intercooler, and intake (or drop in filter)....maybe CBE as well, though not important

This. I have APR stage 2, FMIC, intake, TBE as far as things that add power. My car traps 111mph in the 1/4 mile which is the most accurate way to compare horsepower amongst different cars since dyno calibration varies

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7
I've seen 350ish on a full e85 is20 car on a mustang dyno that reads somewhere around 8-10% low. So 380ish dynojet numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.