GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pure White Weekend Warrior

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
Will post some pics and a note on fitment/install once they arrive.

Here's the link to the black badges. EBay seller jacwilso_168.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/VW-MATT-BLAC...GTI-TDI-TSI-R/113136275965?_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1

And the link for the paint matched badge inlays from Klii.

https://kliimw.com/collections/paint-match-series
Read on another page that you purchased some black emblems off eBay. Please post on here how they fit and which seller you bought them from after you install them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The Tax Guy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 GTI
Car is looking great bro! Ceramic coating looks so slick. Over the weekend I used a DA to shine the car for the first time. Looks good, but I can still see small scratches and swirls. Looks like I will need to strip it and go to a compound first lol

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
Received the black badges in the mail today. Rear took a bit of fighting with to remove, but went on rather easily. It was tougher than I expected trying to align the Klii stickers in exactly the right spot on the backing but it turned out alright. Previous owner chipped the paint a bit around the rear emblem so will have to touch that up down the road.

REAR:

Front badge was easy to remove and easy to replace. Decided to keep the gloss black backing instead of going to the white. Feel like its a nice contrast to the matte emblem.

FRONT:

The Klii paint match seems very accurate. Would recommend the eBay badges to anyone curious about making the swap.

Last edited:

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
Received the black badges in the mail today. Rear took a bit of fighting with to remove, but went on rather easily. It was tougher than I expected trying to align the Klii stickers in exactly the right spot on the backing but it turned out alright. Previous owner chipped the paint a bit around the rear emblem so will have to touch that up down the road.

REAR:

Front badge was easy to remove and easy to replace. Decided to keep the gloss black backing instead of going to the white. Feel like its a nice contrast to the matte emblem.

FRONT:

https://i.imgur.com/XSKQwevh.jpg

The Klii paint match seems very accurate. Would recommend the eBay badges to anyone curious about making the swap.

DUDE! This looks great!! how did you remove the badges safely, or did you end up destroying OEM?

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
Car is looking great bro! Ceramic coating looks so slick. Over the weekend I used a DA to shine the car for the first time. Looks good, but I can still see small scratches and swirls. Looks like I will need to strip it and go to a compound first lol

Thanks! I've never tried to manually polish or paint correct but would love to learn how (have always been a bit too nervous to jump in). Any recommendations on how to get started?

At this point I'm a bit lmited by my living arrangement. Looking forward to having my own garage and building out a bigger collection of tools and car goodies :D Living in an apartment building definitely has its drawbacks...

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
Also, in case anyone is curious, I've signed up to run w the Novice class at the next NER points event at Devens. Finally will have a chance to see how the new clutch performs in an autocross setting. There's usually a handful of MK7s that show up so we'll see how she stacks up.

Considering signing up for the SCCA Track Night at Thompson in early October as well, or spending a day at Palmer between now and then. May try to install the RS3 brake ducts beforehand and swap fluid and pads.

Will keep you all updated.

Predatorbird

Ready to race!
Thanks for the update about the badges! Glad to see there's a set on ebay that fits. I need to place an order soon.

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
Rear badge is toast. Used a small flat head and trim tool to try and (gently/not so gently) pry it off. It was a struggle. :p Lets just say, I wont be reusing it...

Thank you for letting me know. I may have to have a body shop do it. I did my badges on my other cars and it turned out well. I am going to respray my front bumper may as well have them do the badging while they are in there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
Well guys... I did a thing.

Decided to go for the 18x8.5 RSe10s. No spacers or hub rings and the fact that they can fit most aftermarket BBKs were key factors in the decision.

Was very close to going the bronze route, but felt the Hyper Blacks would play nice with my current theme. Also planning to add the AWE exhaust with black tips down the road.

Shoutout to @modified_mk7 on instagram for the inspiration.

Planning to mount the Super Sports on these and use them as my summers. Also ordered a set of 225/40R18 Pilot Alpin PA4s that I will be mounting on the Austins and using during the winter months.

Last edited:

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
Had the new wheels mounted yesterday. Stoked about how they look!! Car's a bit dirty but here's a little preview for you. Will try to take a few more after a fresh wash tomorrow.

Last edited:

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
Had the new wheels mounted yesterday. Stoked about how they look!! Car's a bit dirty but here's a little preview for you. Will try to take a few more after a fresh wash tomorrow.

Looks great! What size tire are you running? Are you planning on doing any suspension modifications? :)

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
Thanks!! Running 225/40s. They definitely don't look stretched on the RSe10s. Will probably go to 235 or 245 next time around for more surface area/grip.

In terms of future suspension mods, I'm planning to upgrade the RSB at some point and likely dampers (way down the line). I'm honestly pretty happy with how the car handles right now (we'll see how I feel after a few hard track days) and could care less about the asthetics (wheel gap, etc.).

Also, from a practical perspective, I don't want to deal with having a lower ride height since this is my only car and Boston's roads are awful.
Looks great! What size tire are you running? Are you planning on doing any suspension modifications? :)

Last edited:

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
Thanks!! Running 225/40s. They definitely don't look stretched on the RSe10s. Will probably go to 235 or 245 next time around for more surface area/grip.

In terms of future suspension mods, I'm planning to upgrade the RSB at some point and likely dampers (way down the line). I'm honestly pretty happy with how the car handles right now (we'll see how I feel after a few hard track days) and could care less about the asthetics (wheel gap, etc.).

Also, from a practical perspective, I don't want to deal with having a lower ride height since this is my only car and Boston's roads are awful.

Love the RSe10s. I have the 18x8.5 bronze myself. Just got some 235 Indy 500s put on the other day and it looks great. Highly suggest it for your next set of rubber. Car is looking fantastic.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
Thanks for the comment and recommendation! Have heard great things about the I500s. Will def be on the short list for my next set.

Have to say, I am really happy w how the MPSS have performed so far. We'll see how they hold up on the track next month. Registered for SCCA Track Night in America at Thompson on Oct 4th!

Love the RSe10s. I have the 18x8.5 bronze myself. Just got some 235 Indy 500s put on the other day and it looks great. Highly suggest it for your next set of rubber. Car is looking fantastic.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited: