GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Service techs took my stage 2 GTI on a joyride.

Hambone

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 TR GTI SE
I didn’t have any issues with joyriding but my dash cam caught some conversations between the tech and the advisor. These conversations revealed the reason why I was without my car for 4 days and why I had to come back 3 more times for them to completely/properly fix the issue.

The tech admitted to the advisor that he didn’t pay attention to putting the car back together properly. He messed up the driving mode selector, he neglected to re-plug in my window switch, and a couple other things. It was ridiculous! There was some more to it but i won’t bore with the details.

The service manager was so incredibly bothered by my complaint and he wanted nothing to do with me. Despite that fact that i had to take more time off work so i could get my car there during business hours, and even after the advisor told me “it is fair that we ask the tech to stay an extra half hour after his shift to fix this”. Guess what? Tech didn’t stay!

The camera also showed that they parked the car for 2 and a half days and didn’t even scan it until then meanwhile I had to contact the advisor since he didn’t ever call me and he lied to me about it being worked on “right now” and all that stuff. Typical to appease the customer.

I'm with Strange Mud. I'd be demanding an extended warranty to cover the vehicle, including modifications, because of their abuse and negligence or otherwise your dashcam footage might end up in the hands of local news outlets. It doesn't matter if the vehicle is modified or not, a tech should not be thrashing a vehicle they do not personally own.

YNOTKIM

I think you have to make a decision.
Are you going back to this dealership after this fiasco?

I would contact VW corporate.
What you described, sounds inexcusable.

I was a GM for a corporate chain for many years and I’d have to say VW needs to do you right.
They might push back a bit cause your car is Tuned but that is not the focus of the issue at hand.
And never lose your cool.

For some, cars are just a toy. But for majority, it’s is their life savings and/or necessary tool for work.
No one should ever disrespect someone else’s property. Especially a car dealership.

So sorry to hear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

adam1991

Banned
Not only was it wrong to treat someone else's property so flippantly, they were driving like absolute jackasses on public roads well above the speed limit.

GASP! swoon swoon swoon clutch pearls

(sorry, I had to say that given the RICE RICE BABY thread)

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 2dr GTI 6MT
Come on man! Let us see the video!

Sucks that you had to deal with this BS though. Unfortunately, it probably isn't an isolated incident.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
$1500 credit wouldnt mean a lot (with high labor charges).

Be polite and tell them that you will be spreading the word (with the video) if you are not happy with the settlement. Dont demand anything and see what they come back with.

Once the issue is solved, i would not step into that dealership again.

Juggar

Ready to race!
$1500 is pretty damn generous.... id sure let my car be honed around for that amount. After all, we all drive spiritedly from time to time.

Assuming that can be used to cover tires, thats 2 solid sets of tires right there.

Neilsdeal

Ready to race!
Any extended stay at the dealer for my car and I've found my dashcam unplugged.

What's really odd is that the camera was for sure unplugged a few times, so there could have been worse than what's actually recorded. I'm surprised they were stupid enough to plug it back in and go nuts.

$1500 credit wouldnt mean a lot (with high labor charges).

Be polite and tell them that you will be spreading the word (with the video) if you are not happy with the settlement. Dont demand anything and see what they come back with.

Once the issue is solved, i would not step into that dealership again.

Yeah, I'm not even sure what I'd do with the credit or if it's worth it to just hold onto it. I haven't asked or demanded anything yet am just waiting to get back with the GM and see what he's about.

Also, I won't be posting any videos(for now) just as a courtesy. I'm giving them the opportunity to clear this up as the service manager just seemed absolutely floored by this whole thing.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
$1500 is pretty damn generous.... id sure let my car be honed around for that amount. After all, we all drive spiritedly from time to time.

Assuming that can be used to cover tires, thats 2 solid sets of tires right there.

If the dealership is offering $1500 credit with no negotiation, there might be much more into it.

Yeah, I'm not even sure what I'd do with the credit or if it's worth it to just hold onto it. I haven't asked or demanded anything yet am just waiting to get back with the GM and see what he's about.

Also, I won't be posting any videos(for now) just as a courtesy. I'm giving them the opportunity to clear this up as the service manager just seemed absolutely floored by this whole thing.

I would not take the vehicle into that dealership again after this fiasco and hence no point in accepting their credit. Yeah give them sometime to work on this and see what they offer. You can go ballistic if you are not happy with their offer.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Amazing how people will take advantage of shit at the place they work at like that.

Hot car comes in so you just have to get into it and shred the rubber. Just because you have access to something doesn't give you the right to even take it to run errands.

Getting food in a customer's car? The fuck? Get back in your own car like everyone else does when they want to go somewhere.

Service manager playing dumb is the worst part. That's just pure dishonesty, or otherwise he's retarded, so either way that speaks poorly of him.