Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
Last edited:

odessa.filez

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
iirc think I saw them on a UK site for £499.

other whiteline parts are.often discounted. hopefully these will be too.

odessa.filez

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto

Slow*Jim

Ready to race!
+2.5 caster is a LOT. Weren't people having tire rub issues with the Superpro LCA's, and those were only +1 caster?

B95zP

Ready to race!
+2.5 caster is a LOT. Weren't people having tire rub issues with the Superpro LCA's, and those were only +1 caster?

Agreed that's a lot of caster, which is probably why SuperPro's newest version is the most mild yet.

Last edited:

odessa.filez

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
superpro has a plus 1 degee arm and a plus 2 degree arm. IIRC some were having issues with the plus 2 version when combining with aggressive wheel tire fitment.

superpro's email blast on the new version seems to emphasize that they have fixed compatibility with the aluminum subframe, which they claim will be standard on the mk8.

I have tt alum arms with the adjustable ball joints along with camber plates. Together they provide around plus 2 caster and the extra caster is great.

Slow_Polk

Any anyone given these a try yet? The US site has them for $469.99. I'd like to add some more camber and also knock off some partially unsprung weight and these are awfully tempting.

rsdgti

Any anyone given these a try yet? The US site has them for $469.99. I'd like to add some more camber and also knock off some partially unsprung weight and these are awfully tempting.

One of the guys that works with me has these installed on his 17 R, here is his review:

The reasoning behind this upgrade was lack of turn in feel and steering wheel feedback once in the turn.

The upgrade was probably one of the simplistic things I have done that created such an improvement. Going into tight quick turns felt mushy and not very confidence inspiring. Doing a front sway bar upgrade was going to just increase the understeer, adding caster was my only option.

Once installed, which was roughly a 30 minute job, the front end was completely transformed. Going into turns the car gives the steering wheel a proper feel, the turn in has a sharper feel, and this gives you more confidence going in as well as coming out of the corner. There was zero increased harshness with the new bushings, and the add caster has had zero negative effects.

In the end, this upgrade was the greatest upgrade I have made for such a low cost.

These are also 25% until the end of the month here: https://www.rallysportdirect.com/part/control-arms/kta252-whiteline-control-arm-assembly

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
These are very tempting, especially at $350 shipped. I have a question that maybe your co-worker can answer. What are his wheel/tire/spacer specs and is he lowered? If the car in your post is the one with these LCAs it looks to be lower than my car, 15' TDI on H&R Sports.

I'm concerned about rubbing with +2 degrees caster though. I'm running 235/45/17 on 17x8 et45 currently but will be at et37 when I get my brakes (Brembo 17z's) installed. Test fit shows they will not fit under Neuspeed RSE05s without spacers. I'm fairly certain I could go smaller than 8mm and reduce the potential for rub a little but that remains to be seen.

DarkArrow

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'18 R

Just an FYI, I ordered some Whiteline parts from RallySport, their product availability/delivery date said "ships direct." Since then my order has been placed on back order and for the past 11 days, the availability has jumped from 17 days, to 15 days and now is currently back at 17 days. Whiteline USA's site says "in stock" so I'm not sure why RallySport can't get their products in.

Slow*Jim

Ready to race!
I think I am gonna hold off on these. The instructions state they tested with OEM wheels on mildly lowered cars, but the Superpro arms which have less caster have been known to cause issues with wider wheel/tire setups. These will likely be worse.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Yea, I think I'm gonna sit these out too after seeing some info in the threads about the Superpro arms.

I know absolutely nothing about track, or even high-performance driving for that matter. But is the typical market for people running aftermarket aluminum control arms a market that typically runs stock width wheels and tires?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk