GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best DSG Paddles?

Boomba Racing

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
We would do something that would not require an adhesive most likely. Well now we know there is certainly interest, I'll have my guys look into it!

Damfino

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI SE PP
I have the ECS carbon paddles that are a full replacement. Construction and size are great but the angle needs to be tweaked a little. They are a little too close to the control stalks. It would be better if they were closer to the steering wheel.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I have the ECS carbon paddles that are a full replacement. Construction and size are great but the angle needs to be tweaked a little. They are a little too close to the control stalks. It would be better if they were closer to the steering wheel.

I was wondering about those as price wise, they sit between the eBay/Ali knock-off options and the pricey VWR/S2T options.

Any pics?

Damfino

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI SE PP
I was wondering about those as price wise, they sit between the eBay/Ali knock-off options and the pricey VWR/S2T options.

Any pics?

Sorry about the crappy pic but I think it still shows it ok

Attachments

• IMG_0022.jpg
    IMG_0022.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 561

fretburnr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Is there any crazy disassembly to remove the stock paddles?

Just spin the steering wheel 180 degrees from center, then one pin to be pulled out on either side. I'd be interested in some replacement paddles, depending on the design!

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Is there any crazy disassembly to remove the stock paddles?

As mentioned already. Easy peasy. You just need needle nose pliers or something similar.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Sorry about the crappy pic but I think it still shows it ok

How’s the fit? Nice and snug or do they wiggle a bit, side to side?

I was looking at these before but the plain brushed aluminum once were always out of stock.

VL3X

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
I've yet to see some good looking aftermarket DSG paddles. They are all so big and obnoxious looking, especially the ones that attach to the OEM paddles with double sided tape and/or set screws (IMO). The VWR are decent I guess, but ridiculously priced.

Last edited:

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
I've yet to see some good looking aftermarket DSG paddles. They are all so big and obnoxious looking, especially the ones that attach to the OEM paddles with double sided tape and/or set screws (IMO). The VWR are decent I guess, but ridiculously priced.

I was going to say, I don’t know how much they help personally, maybe a lot, but they are all rather big... I find The OEM paddles to be fine for me.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Right you are but nobody has ever lost any money underestimating the taste of the automobile enthusiasts.

Responds to year+ old post

nype

Drag Racing Champion

Isn’t bigger better?

If designed right, there’s more to grab from different wheel grips.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
The stock paddles (if you can even call them paddles) are anemic. Personally the larger paddles makes it more fun and engaging to use.