GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Painfully Awkward Moment With Another Mk7 owner

codered911

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK8
Sorry bro, I didn't know you were on the forum... J/K I am not a douchbag where in FL was this? I am betting they weren't tuned to boot.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Sometimes it's hard to read intentions of other people when driving. Not sure if they want to race, if they're running late for something, or if they're just plain crazy. On my commute home, the freeway entrance is a single lane right turn that opens up to two lanes for about an 1/8 mile, then merges to a single lane again, before merging unto the freeway.

I always go WOT at this spot when I get an open shot. The other day, I was behind a murdered out camry as we turned right, when the entrance opened to two lanes, I passed on his left at WOT. Apparently the camry didn't take it too kindly. As I slowed down to merge unto the freeway, he caught up and buzzed by on my left. So seeing that the slow lane was actually open, I punched it and ended up eventually quite a ways ahead of him, lost him in my rear view mirror and slowed back to down to 65mph minding my own business. Next thing I know, here comes the camry flying in behind me and then gets on my right with high beams and threatens to ram me a few times. I can't see who's driving because of his tint. And I'm like WTF?!?!? You want to crash into me for what?? I don't retaliate in the road rage and I end up behind him for about a mile and he's now driving normal. I exit and that's that. Days later I'm still wondering what his deal was.

Tico63

Ready to race!
Sorry bro, I didn't know you were on the forum... J/K I am not a douchbag where in FL was this? I am betting they weren't tuned to boot.

Haha definitely not tuned. Maybe a jb1 because it pulled pretty hard.

This was in Weston, FL

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Sometimes it's hard to read intentions of other people when driving. Not sure if they want to race, if they're running late for something, or if they're just plain crazy. On my commute home, the freeway entrance is a single lane right turn that opens up to two lanes for about an 1/8 mile, then merges to a single lane again, before merging unto the freeway.

I always go WOT at this spot when I get an open shot. The other day, I was behind a murdered out camry as we turned right, when the entrance opened to two lanes, I passed on his left at WOT. Apparently the camry didn't take it too kindly. As I slowed down to merge unto the freeway, he caught up and buzzed by on my left. So seeing that the slow lane was actually open, I punched it and ended up eventually quite a ways ahead of him, lost him in my rear view mirror and slowed back to down to 65mph minding my own business. Next thing I know, here comes the camry flying in behind me and then gets on my right with high beams and threatens to ram me a few times. I can't see who's driving because of his tint. And I'm like WTF?!?!? You want to crash into me for what?? I don't retaliate in the road rage and I end up behind him for about a mile and he's now driving normal. I exit and that's that. Days later I'm still wondering what his deal was.
Seeing you're in Oakland, I flew into SF for Christmas to see my family (I grew up here). I haven't been here in a year or 2, and it's like every driver's a psycho now, thinking everyone's out to get them. I've been here for 2 days so far and not at all surprised by your story.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
Being on L.I., I always see this MK7 with DSG (if i remember correctly its black or dark grey) and has an awesome sounding exhaust on Broadway in Massapequa. The fellow enthusiast is always heading south while I'm heading north on Broadway.

We always show mutual love via headlight flashes or thumbs up but never had the chance to chat.

Sounds like whoever the individual was that the O.P. met wasn't part of the forum and/or that person had the feeling of being superior and felt like they're MK7 was better than the other.

However, they found out the hard way that they're MK7 didnt stand a chance, lol.

I always believe in showing respect to fellow MK7 drivers because you never know if that person can become a lifelong friend with personable opportunities.

Merry Christmas to all and they're families!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
The sign has a pejorative meaning in parts of West Africa, Iran, and Greece. You never know who you're dealing with. Or they never got the memo. And I don't think driving a similar vehicle means something anyone, even with 'Vette drivers and motorcycle riders.

Of course, since R's are superior, GTI owners are expected to get out of their cars and genuflect. Kissing the R emblem on the grille is optional. And you never win a race with an R, even if you can, because it's the ultimate sign of disrespect. Please know your place. :) And we're not snobs.

Last edited:

adam1991

Banned
And I don't think driving a similar vehicle means something anymore

This is weird. This EXACT discussion happened on PriusChat 10 years ago, with drivers sad that the "good old days" of Prius drivers waving to each other were gone because the car had gone more mainstream and had been on the market awhile and more "regular" people had one.

Google is your friend:

https://priuschat.com/threads/do-prius-people-wave-to-each-other.46014/

I thought this one was weird:

Prius folks don't seem to be the waving type. I've given a friendly wave to a few and haven't been waved back at. I try to wave at the Pine Silver Mica Prius drivers to acknowledge their outstanding choice of color, but seldom if ever is it returned.

The internet really, really reveals that the world is full of people you would never, ever want on your jury.

adam1991

Banned
hehehe Not so much mischief, but the next time you hit some of these forums or if you're on Twitter or Facebook, always consider: that guy whose post you just read, he's allowed to serve jury duty and meter out what he thinks is justice, and also he's allowed to vote.

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
We have a whole VW group in the Detroit area, we usually try to meet every Wednesday for food etc.

I still own a VW, just not my MK7 anymore.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
hehehe Not so much mischief, but the next time you hit some of these forums or if you're on Twitter or Facebook, always consider: that guy whose post you just read, he's allowed to serve jury duty and meter out what he thinks is justice, and also he's allowed to vote.

My wife was just on jury duty. She didn't get picked from the pool. You wouldn't believe the questions and responses. I wouldn't have if it wasn't her telling me.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
We had manual boost controllers before "chips". Probably was before you knew how to drive. It's still a "tune".

I'll assume you're talking about the manifold pressure control on your first Stanley Steamer engine...