GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ACC "3-Second" Tweak

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
Would you enable the "Traffic Jam Assistant in car menu" and post the long codeing for it, so I can manually code with VCDS? I am asking this because I don't see this menu on my VCDS coding.
So, basically you activate the Traffic Jame Assistant in car menu (temporarily ) and screen capture the long coding for the module 13 which will show what bit and byte changed from the original code.

Read through this forum from this page to the last page: http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f238/traffic-jam-assist-119112-41.html They've figured out how to do it but are charing $150 per pop (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f24/traffic-jam-assist-activation-service-sydney-120895.html). Maybe Australia is sufficiently different but this is the only good forum post i could find on it. Also seems like you have to have a specific version(s) of the hardware for it to accept these updates, so that's why its working for some and not others. Also seems to require a VCP cable and manually updating firmware (probably voids warranty).

Another OBD11 user got it kinda of working on a passet (http://obdeleven.proboards.com/thread/1947/traffic-jam-assist-australian-passat):

Control unit: 13 Adaptive Cruise Control
Long Coding:
Assistent_for_traffic_hold_up: activated
Traffic_jam_assistant_in_car_menu: activated
Traffic_jam_dependent_linear_tracking: activated
Control unit: A5 Front Sensors Driver Assistance System
Long coding:
Point_of_intervention: early

To add Adaptive Lane Guidance to Car Menu, Point of intervention needs to "early (in car menu)" setting, I get an error when trying to set, and "Early" is the only one i can set.
Must be another setting I'm missing though

Car: 2017 Passat 206TSI

Seems like those in Australia are lucky. It's hard to compare too closely because Australia gets the "ROW" vehicles whereas CAN/US doesn't.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Dam, I just noticed that TJA is listed in the picture. If I find it do we need to go back and uncheck the "3-second" box?

Don't you need Adaptive Lane Tracking enabled too? The car won't stay in the lane otherwise.

Last edited:

H22hatch

Ready to race!

H22hatch

Ready to race!
Dam, I just noticed that TJA is listed in the picture. If I find it do we need to go back and uncheck the "3-second" box?

Don't you need Adaptive Lane Tracking enabled too? The car won't stay in the lane otherwise.

Yes for the adaptive lane treacking but that’s easy to enable. I’ve been using for almost the entire time I’ve had my R and the ability of it to keep the car center d in a lane is impressive.

nate704

Go Kart Champion
it looks like C1 need to be changed to E1 for the long coding. I will test this and let you know by next week since my R is not moving during the weekend.
I've been using the lane assist which (I assume) is the same as adaptive lane tracking on my R. So (in theory) by enabling this TJA in car menu (if it ever shows up), we have the TJA.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
it looks like C1 need to be changed to E1 for the long coding. I will test this and let you know by next week since my R is not moving during the weekend.
I've been using the lane assist which (I assume) is the same as adaptive lane tracking on my R. So (in theory) by enabling this TJA in car menu (if it ever shows up), we have the TJA.

Adaptive Lane Tracking is enhanced Lane Assist. If you enabled it through VCDS the car more or less stays centered the lane instead of bouncing off the lines on the road. It adds it as an additional option in the Infotainment menu under Lane Assist. I have it enabled.

I'll look at the module tomorrow or Saturday. Looks like Byte 4.

nate704

Go Kart Champion
Adaptive Lane Tracking is enhanced Lane Assist. If you enabled it through VCDS the car more or less stays centered the lane instead of bouncing off the lines on the road. It adds it as an additional option in the Infotainment menu under Lane Assist. I have it enabled.

I'll look at the module tomorrow or Saturday. Looks like Byte 4.

Would you provide me the long coding since my VCDS doesn't show all the bytes and their description for some reason?
Please let us know how to activate the adaptive lane tracking.
Thank you!

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
Would you provide me the long coding since my VCDS doesn't show all the bytes and their description for some reason?
Thank you!

Had no idea Adaptive Lane Tracking was even a thing. Definitely interested in this as well

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Thank you!

This is what I have:

Enable Lane Tracking
Module A5-Frt Sens. Drv. Assist
Security Access, use code recommended by VCDS
Adaptation, Channel named Intervention Moment
Select “early (setting via menu)” to be able to have the "old" way or the enhanced way selectable from the Infotainment menu.
Do it.
Note: Old setting is Late.

If you need the long coding let me know.

And my "13" module's coding string is a lot shorter. There's no long helper that mentions anything that sounds like TJA.

Last edited:

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
This is what I have:

Enable Lane Tracking
Module A5-Frt Sens. Drv. Assist
Security Access, use code recommended by VCDS
Adaptation, Channel named Intervention Moment
Select “early (setting via menu)” to be able to have the "old" way or the enhanced way selectable from the Infotainment menu.
Do it.
Note: Old setting is Late.

If you need the long coding let me know.

And my "13" module's coding string is a lot shorter. There's no long helper that mentions anything that sounds like TJA.

Thanks. I’ll try this out tomorrow.