GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI vs A3

Tico63

Ready to race!

tknj99

Ready to race!
I recall all of those pickup trucks in South Florida with those synthetic nut sacks hanging from the bumper tow hitch.. that was always a funny sight

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
I just straight up HATE driving in FL.
I think someone already said it but it seems like FL drivers are all entitled and no matter what they do they are right and you are wrong.
"Oh you're going to pass me? Well let me just go ahead and speed up for no reason."
Or just because they have their turn signal on means they are automatically allowed to just come into my lane with no regard of how close I am or how fast I am approaching.

I grew up here, learned to drive here, but then moved to Manhattan for a few years and that really changed my driving habits.

Now that I'm back, I wish I was still driving in NY because at least there people are paying attention.
Sure it's crazy to drive there, but you don't have some 16 year old girl looking straight down texting while drifting from line to line and going 5-10 mph under the speed limit.

/mini rant.

Tico63

Ready to race!
I actually read an article online (I want to say it was Road & Track) that was all about the "herd mentality" of drivers.

Never mind I just googled it and found it instead of trying to explain it lol:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a32852/how-to-mentally-manipulate-your-fellow-drivers/

It is very relevant to this whole conversation so it's worth the (not very long) read

Never been a huge believer in those type of studies. In my opinion, some people take out their personal frustrations on the road. Some actually find driving therapeutic. And some like me, can be wreckless at times in the name of enjoying their car. Maybe subconsciously we do develop a herd like mentality when on the road, but I don't think that's responsible for the emotions that people display behind the wheel.

Good read though.

radoroc

Ready to race!
I just straight up HATE driving in FL.
I think someone already said it but it seems like FL drivers are all entitled and no matter what they do they are right and you are wrong.
"Oh you're going to pass me? Well let me just go ahead and speed up for no reason."
Or just because they have their turn signal on means they are automatically allowed to just come into my lane with no regard of how close I am or how fast I am approaching.

I grew up here, learned to drive here, but then moved to Manhattan for a few years and that really changed my driving habits.

Now that I'm back, I wish I was still driving in NY because at least there people are paying attention.
Sure it's crazy to drive there, but you don't have some 16 year old girl looking straight down texting while drifting from line to line and going 5-10 mph under the speed limit.

/mini rant.

The same stuff happens here everyday on my way to work, it's universal everywhere.

Trancebolt

Ready to race!
Dont they have minimum speed limits in florida some places? =D What a place... Only been there a few times, and theres alot of open road... which should equal happy drivers.
Im used to CAlifornia driving which is for the most part terrible. I get honky when people sit at green lights, but i never race people on the road and never try to start fights.

A3s are pretty cars, and i genuinely like them; but youre right, they do seem to attact overflow bmw buyers...

I had a guy cut me off and put on his windshield wipers/spray, probably without noticing me, and then i just calmly did the exact same thing to him and he pulled up next to me (driving a nissan armada) and tried to start a fight.

I just said "obviously you just did the same thing to me, and if its enough cause for you to want to fight me, then clearly you made a dick move and deserve to have to go wash your car again... like i do now";

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
You should carry a mag 500 in your car and wave it when it's necessary :D ;)

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
A week ago an Audi A3 threw his car in front of me at a light. Had it not been such a violent cut off I wouldn't have thought anything of it. Just non apologetically cut me off as we were slowing down to reach the red light. Didn't signal or wave or anything.

At the green I gunned it as I was behind him to pass him and we went around a postal service truck, I went right (legal), he went left into oncoming traffic to pass the truck. I'm apr stage 1 so you can imagine the buses i put on him. I passed the next traffic light and he got stuck in red. And that was it...

Until 20 seconds later I see the same black A3 flying in my rear view so I gun it again and kept waving at him egging him on. I then noticed he was road rage following me, so I slowed down and his blue hair feminazi girlfriend was cussing me out. I was blowing her kisses and waving at her (I wasn't going to road rage back). The A3 then gets in front me and slams the brakes trying to pin me down.

I had a little bit of space but waited for the driver to jump out to do something. Once he did, I gunned it and got the hell out of there. Never seen so much road rage. Didn't know if he possibly had a gun or wanted to throw fists in which case I'd never put my career or anything like that for a brawl.

I've been beat before and drivers have gotten the best out of me, but instead of road raging with violence I worked on my car to get better performance. I even give thumbs up if I lose because the experience of racing is always fun. If you lose, you man up and work on your car, or just accept it, you don't start trying to fight or incite violence.

I know...

View attachment 17384

Smart dude. I had a Russian dude get out of his car and throw a traffic cone at my hood. If you look at the right angle you can still see the scuff in the clear coat....

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Smart dude. I had a Russian dude get out of his car and throw a traffic cone at my hood. If you look at the right angle you can still see the scuff in the clear coat....

You're a better man than I, that'd been an instant ass whipping. Nothing more chicken shit than messing with a mans car in my book and there is no way if that'd have happened to me that ends peacefully. You did the smart thing, I wouldn't have been able to.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport

What a piece of sh*t to take it to that level and mess up the car. I can't believe how unconscious some people get, like it's not totally f*cking insane to get out of the car on the road like that.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
What a piece of sh*t to take it to that level and mess up the car. I can't believe how unconscious some people get, like it's not totally f*cking insane to get out of the car on the road like that.

That was after he almost broke my window in smashing on it with his fist. I am really surprised the driver window glass didn't shatter. I can swear I almost see a mark in the glass but months later still no problems.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
You're a better man than I, that'd been an instant ass whipping. Nothing more chicken shit than messing with a mans car in my book and there is no way if that'd have happened to me that ends peacefully. You did the smart thing, I wouldn't have been able to.

Well at least I didn't shoot him. A cop was across the street and they ended up taking a report but unless I go to court to sue him for civil damages I guess, nothing happens. He was mad because he thought I was following him.