GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

USB port for charging?

cyclops

Ready to race!
Hi
the built in USB port in the centre console, when I plug in my phone to charge it, the phone still loses charge, is it actually capable of charging or is it just for data?

BananaSlug

Ready to race!
It charges fine for me.

TDR-380

Passed Driver's Ed
is your cable made for both charging and data transfer for just data transfer?

My original Samsung data/charging cable works just fine, same with my wife's iphone cable.

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
I find that with some Apps the USB charger cant keep up. For example girlfriend plugged in her phone with Waze and it was too much. Apple Maps works fine.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
its an original samsung cable for my Galaxy s7 edge
Depending on what I'm running in the background, my S7 Edge may change slow, but the battery hasn't decreased while connected and navigating. Try closing all background apps before connecting the phone.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Peppino158

It's probably the cable. For a quick fix, try enabling the fast charge mode on your phone.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

cyclops

Ready to race!
These are whilst it's on charge from USB port.

From a proper car charger it charges fine, but I want to use auto android so want it to charge at same time.

[/URL][/IMG]

IHazTurbo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
There's a good chance it's your cable but I also wouldn't be surprised if the USB port they put in is 1A instead of 2A. 2 amps is what is needed to charge larger items such as tablets or phones using more than normal data while charging.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Anyone know the car's output? Even 1 amp should be enough unless you have a big screen. My small screen runs fine with a 1 amp charger.