GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MAPerformance Official Stage 1 & Stage 2 OTS Tune Release for Accessport!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perry01

Ready to race!
The interesting thing is that I get some KR in cylinder 3 first and then a bit of KR in cylinder 2 but the ECU never pulls timing.

KR is timing pull. It looks cleaner than before but still a max timing pull of -5.6 in cylinder 3. It would be interesting to see what the timing would be beyond 5700 RPM.

Perry01

Ready to race!

Hexxum001

Ready to race!
KR is timing pull. It looks cleaner than before but still a max timing pull of -5.6 in cylinder 3. It would be interesting to see what the timing would be beyond 5700 RPM.
Sorry, I didn't explain what I meant very well. On my previous logs, usually when I would get KR, you would also see that reflected on ignition timing final and AFR. When I posted my Stage 2 log, as soon as I got -6 KR in cylinder 1, my ignition timing final went from -4 to -10 and my AFR from 14's to 10's. o_O In this log, that never happened. Ignition timing final and AFR kept steadily increasing. That's what kind of threw me off.

koniu77

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes, not a lot of timing advance up top but plenty of boost. What file are you running and performance mods?
Stage 2-93 dsg
Mods are:
CTS downpipe with cat
Unitronic intercooler
AFE intake
RS7 spark plugs

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
You started higher in 3rd gear (4500) and out of the high load area of the powerband.

Pulls need to start at 3k to get a clear picture.

1st log: From what I can see he starts 100% WOT @ 3k RPM? KR starts at 3.1K RPM and fuel dump started @ 3.2K RPM. Holy shit his AFR goes down into the 9's and is rich for the entire pull !!! lowest i've seen on the MK7 & -10.5 ignition final at 3.3K RPM (but it does steadily increase over the RPM range. IAT's don't even seem high at all also.

That is not a happy log (but in comparison his max -5.2 retard isn't that vs. the -8.1's I've gotten or seen). That has to be the longest KR or timing reduction in terms of length of the RPM range we've also seen.

Seems like the logs are very inconsistent. One minute they are good for some people and then next they go crazy. Didn't Auditech have a few good ones before this bad one?

Last edited:

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
Sorry should of been more clear, the "clean log" starts out of the high load range.

Yes these issues are strange, I honestly think its luck of the draw on your engine.

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
Sorry should of been more clear, the "clean log" starts out of the high load range.

Yes these issues are strange, I honestly think its luck of the draw on your engine.

My theory is depending on conditions and how your car is running at the time of the pull its a crap shoot of either a good or bad log.

I've got a ton of bad logs and then the next day a completely perfect log same tune, same mods and no changes. The impact of conditions has to be a factor in figuring this out. Again, need a tuner in here to explain the variability in logs with even the exact same car.

This boggles my mind as we can't seem to identify some sort of pattern or correlation between bad logs and good logs in seemingly exact same conditions and cars lol. Honestly, we all just might need Pro-tunes specific to our cars. Would really like to know how the main OTS tuners apply one tune to all their cars. Outside of ED (HT early version) and initial APR tunes I dont think there were much issues from them (ie. Uni). I'm assuming they had many different test vehicles of the same model and varying conditions.

However, I will say that no one has hard major issues (knock on wood) as the ECU seems to be doing its job. Thank god its not a either you car runs perfect or you blows up during a bad log (knock on wood, EJ motors).

Last edited:

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
I will say that the few protuned GTI's I've seen do not have these issues.

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
I will say that the few protuned GTI's I've seen do not have these issues.

Which is becoming more and more apparent.

My mini conclusion thus far is (which is pretty obvious when in hindsight) with our vehicles if you create a OTS tune to be applied to all USDM cars it will require TONS of R&D and fine tuning (Apr, Uni etc) and will not be 100% consistent throughout. It takes a ton of time, resources and dedication to make a one size fits all OTS that is reliable & consistent.

Protune is the only way to address the different issues and mods each car has. I give credit to MAP for being the first aftermarket none BIG 4 attempting the OTS with community support. But some of us will draw the short end of the straw it seems, until more data and information is used to apply to the later revisions. Early adapter issues are always there and this issue that some of us are facing is just that.

But what do I know, I'm pretty uneducated compared to some of you on this subject matter lol.

Last edited:

Perry01

Ready to race!
True, all cars and conditions vary, this is where a protune shines.

This is another good reason for me to stick with the JB4 for now. OTS tunes are not user adjustable and JB4 plus bolt-ons come close to OTS stage 2 numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.