GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

Erriverrat

LED Taillight install afterthoughts

#1 coolest upgrade to my G-TDI that I can think of - love the look totally relevant
Opted to order the whole light kit vs 4 individual parts - reasoning being e-Accra only needing to source 1 part vs 4
Also there’s roughly $100 savings this way also!
Yes it takes godly long - do reach out to e-Accra to 1 verify order receipt _ Natajla will give you a approx - if no change in status by that date - ask I did and lo and behold it shipped next day, was from Latvia to MN USA in 4 days total

Highly-highly recommend Zeros cable - workmanship is spot on and as well his instructions are spot on as well

If using VCDS you will need the newer cable ! Older hex can usb cables don’t do 256 bit messaging hex net cables do - a un-planned added expense but at least Ross-tech does offer a upgrade discount and the hex net cable has some decent features added to it
Lastly in vcds there are a few values that it may refuse if entered as a single character - specifically the value of 0 - Remember it thinks in hexadecimal so 0 is actually 00

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
If using VCDS you will need the newer cable ! Older hex can usb cables don’t do 256 bit messaging hex net cables do...

What does this limit prevent one from doing? I used my older hex-usb+can cable to do the programming for my tail lights (JBale harness), and a bunch of other tweaks from the various threads. Don't want to get too off topic in this thread though so if it's too in depth maybe shoot me a PM if you don't mind. Always looking for a reason to upgrade.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
What does this limit prevent one from doing? I used my older hex-usb+can cable to do the programming for my tail lights (JBale harness), and a bunch of other tweaks from the various threads. Don't want to get too off topic in this thread though so if it's too in depth maybe shoot me a PM if you don't mind. Always looking for a reason to upgrade.

Some of the modules on the mk7.5 cannot be accessed by the older cables, they're not able to communicate. On my 2018 GTI I wasn't able to do any changes to the 4B module that handles lighting with my old Micro-Can cable and had to upgrade to the latest VCDS cable.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Ahhh, I gotcha. Maybe as long as I never buy anything newer than my 15 TDI I'll be okay, haha. I love the look of the lights, felt like it totally changed the rear of the car. I don't even mind when somebody pulls up 1 foot from my rear bumper at red lights anymore, IF I can see the reflection of my dynamic turn signals that is.

HuangMoney

Go Kart Newbie
I'm noticing in some pictures the tail lights are different shades from others. I see BEC and DAP have "tinted" tail lights, are stock ones lighter???

Also, does the mk7.5 euro golf r have different shade tail lights?

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
I'm noticing in some pictures the tail lights are different shades from others. I see BEC and DAP have "tinted" tail lights, are stock ones lighter???

Possibly just ambient lighting and angles. Mine are OEM, and it can differ depending on how light hits it.

Mk7.5 GTI and R euro tails are the same.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI

Are you looking at mk7 or mk7.5 lights? I know mk7 had different tints

HuangMoney

Go Kart Newbie
Are you looking at mk7 or mk7.5 lights? I know mk7 had different tints

Mk7.5. I think its just the angles. I would love if it had a dark cherry tint to it, seems a bit bright in some pictures

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
These lights are starting to look better and better. I just might end up getting some of the third party 7.5 lights...since they are plug n play with the Mk7 ROW harness.

Moto Mikey

Have you contacted Natalja to get an update on the delay?

I got an update from Natalja on Friday. Apparently due to the holidays and potential price changes in 2019, my order was delayed a few weeks. Sometime in late January they received my taillights from VW and mistakenly shipped/sold them to someone else who had ordered after me. With all that said- they just received another set in stock and mailed them out to me yesterday, so I should hopefully have them by this weekend. In total, it will take 2 months from date of order.. kinda long but I guess worth it to ultimately save $200.

DasAuto12

Passed Driver's Ed
hey everyone, figured i'd ask in here instead of making a new thread, but where is the best place to buy the MK7.5 style tails? I read somewhere that someone bought a set and after a while a couple of the LEDs light output became weaker. I want to avoid that so thought I would ask what other's experiences have been with theirs and if there is a preferred set that everyone has been getting. appreciate it

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
hey everyone, figured i'd ask in here instead of making a new thread, but where is the best place to buy the MK7.5 style tails? I read somewhere that someone bought a set and after a while a couple of the LEDs light output became weaker. I want to avoid that so thought I would ask what other's experiences have been with theirs and if there is a preferred set that everyone has been getting. appreciate it
First post has all the info. It also lists part numbers so you could order them from wherever you want. The sources listed are trusted though, I went with e-acca personally.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Haven't heard of that for Mk7.5 tails. Were they aftermarket?

You can get OEM ones from the sites listed on the first post.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Moto Mikey

After a 2 month wait, I now have a set of OEM MK7.5 LED tail lights installed! They look great. Thanks to ZERO815 for his harness. Highly recommend him.