GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Got my JB4 and phone connect kit in the mail today and installed it a little while ago. It’s insane the difference that it makes.

I filled up with some 93 octane and am running around in Map 2. Trying to not go too crazy because it’s Texas and 100 degrees out, but damn did it wake the car up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Throw a log up. Make sure its healthy

mursepaolo

Ready to race!
My car just randomly threw a code while coasting on the freeway. 49F3 on my manual GTI. CTS DP with vibrant spacer. Is the DP the cause?

mursepaolo

Ready to race!
yes

Clear it and keep on keepin on.

I seem to be doing something wrong with jb4. It wouldn’t clear the code. Had to use obd11.

Martin398

Ready to race!
My car just randomly threw a code while coasting on the freeway. 49F3 on my manual GTI. CTS DP with vibrant spacer. Is the DP the cause?

dp is the reason. I have the cts dp as well with spacer and every once in a great while I'll throw the same code. its Rich to lean iirc, 02 sensor.

crgirl3388

Passed Driver's Ed
I was halfway through a 900 mile road trip yesterday when the engine light popped on. I pulled over and tried to scan the code using the jb4 app and I couldn't get it to read the code. Is there a specific process to follow?? Does the car have to be running or on accessory or what. Ended up driving to AutoZone. Code was p0420 catalyst system efficiency below threshold im running an awe dp, that's a different issue to sort out. If someone could tell me how to properly run a scan Id REALLY appreciate the help.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
I was halfway through a 900 mile road trip yesterday when the engine light popped on. I pulled over and tried to scan the code using the jb4 app and I couldn't get it to read the code. Is there a specific process to follow?? Does the car have to be running or on accessory or what. Ended up driving to AutoZone. Code was p0420 catalyst system efficiency below threshold im running an awe dp, that's a different issue to sort out. If someone could tell me how to properly run a scan Id REALLY appreciate the help.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The previous version firmware had a bug with the fault reading. Upload the 6B found here: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50428

For now the faults are in hex code and need to be translated to decimal to give you the DTC. We are more or less done compiling translations to something understandable and they should be on the next app or interface update.

Xdpker

Ready to race!
Started my car up today and I was changing from Map 2 to 6 which caused a slight knocking sound. As soon as I threw the car into reverse the sound went away. Stayed in my driveway and scanned for codes in the JB4 app and it showed a 3ad2 code, low fuel rail pressure. Well I won't be changing Maps anymore while the car is on, but has this happened to anybody? This has happened before once, but I didn't put the two together. It also threw the same code.

bruxwillix

Ready to race!
knocking sound from changing maps!!?? we should b able to change maps on the fly anytime. got latest firmware? that seems to be the go to answer for something like that

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Xdpker

Ready to race!
knocking sound from changing maps!!?? we should b able to change maps on the fly anytime. got latest firmware? that seems to be the go to answer for something like that

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yeah that's what I thought too, it is on the latest firmware.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Yeah that's what I thought too, it is on the latest firmware.
Might've been a glitch with the app or connection. I bought the Android app this morning and used an OTG cable. I switched maps while the engine was running without any issues

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk