GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello everyone I need your help VW SS ACC error

wells332

Hello. Thanks for adding me to the Volkswagen Golf group. I have recently acquired a vw golf mk7 1.6tdi. Bought on 9/12/16
I have a problem.

On Monday I got error start stop system message (pic attached). the ACC stopped working and front assist became unavailable. buttons for ACC didn't work. Booked into Bristol street motors where I got it

On Tuesday morning. Car fixed itself. Start stop worked and ACC.
However played up again Thursday I booked an appointment. Worried about how much it will cost. A question to my fellow Volkswagen Golf owners. Has this happened to you before? What was the cause? How much did it cost to fix?
Now the ACC shows up but there's a timer next to icon(pic attached)

Apologies if I'm not making myself clear I have recently acquired this car

I look forward to any replies. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3412.JPG
    IMG_3412.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 1,330
  • IMG_3410.JPG
    IMG_3410.JPG
    255.1 KB · Views: 1,338

Jon2

Ready to race!
As a newly bought car from a dealer, you should have a warranty in place on it, so any issue(s) should be fixed under warranty.

Pinocchio

Passed Driver's Ed
I would book the car in and explain to them the the errors you were getting. If the car is less than three years old, VW will fix it under warranty and don't forget to show the above two pictures to them.

wells332

As a newly bought car from a dealer, you should have a warranty in place on it, so any issue(s) should be fixed under warranty.

Hello I got it checked from Bristol street motors seat where I got car originally. Said it came up with 'communication errors' he wanted me out of there basically then I got told I need to go to a Volkswagen branch in Mansfield. Which is 2 hours from me

wells332

I have seen reports online maybe that my radar needs to be recalibrate? Anyone heard of this? the car is just over 3 years old so no VW warranty. Basically the dealership I got it from is messing me about. Wondered if I try get a refund, if I'm being messed about now what will happen few years down the line. . Would I stand a chance? it's only been 2 weeks since I got her. Maybe I'd be better off with an older golf.. any opinions?

Last edited:

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
If they're not a VW dealer why are obligated to fix anything? If someone buys a Buick from a Chevrolet dealer is the Chevrolet dealer obligated to fix any problems? I don't understand the thinking here.

Anyway, it's possible the front radar emitter/receiver needs calibrating. If you had a VCDS you could determine that for yourself. You're going to have to drive to the VW dealer. Personally, I would NEVER buy a car I would need to drive 2 hours for service. I was looking at Volvo's but the nearest dealer is one hour away. Even that's too far. Did you hit any potholes or curbs? Does the steering wheel pull to one side? You might need a 4-wheel alignment because if certain parameters are out of spec it affects the assistance systems. Others say an alignment could cost you 400 pounds. I don't know if that includes aligning the radar.

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
I think you need to go back to Bristol street motors.

The car may well be out of VW warranty but surely they would have given you some when you bought the car. It may well need a VW dealer with the right equipment to solve the issue but BSM can't just off load their liability. Check your BSM paperwork, go back be firm but polite.

Social media is also useful, many companies will take notice and comply rather than take the negative publicility. Ive had a recent battle with B+Q, a negative tweet got their attention straight away

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Under the UK Laws look in the paperwork & basically I think it's 3 or 6 months or whatever is written in their paperwork. So double check this first.

Secondly they are a Seat dealership??......WTF they use the same tools/parts as VW more or less (VAG own Seat).

If al else fails ring up VW UK & have a moan at them, however I fear eventually you will have to go to the VW dealership if the car is out of the basic contract with BSM but under the 3yr old VW UK warranty.

This has always been the case, which is why I buy cars based on what main dealers I have locally that are good!

vwman

Go Kart Champion
As its out of the three year VW warranty period I'd be looking at the terms of the BSM warranty they gave you initially as already said.

The VW dealer, in conjunction with VWUK, may consider 'goodwill' warranty work if its just out of warranty but that will take into account the service history etc.

Hope you get it sorted soon..

wells332

Thanks to you all for replying. Bristol street motors seat Barnsley are messing me about and I'm losing interest in this amazing car and trust in this nonsense dealership. Figured if this happens in a years time will I have to drive 2 hours again to sort it? Does anyone know anything about getting a refund who I should complain to, i only got car on the 9th November 2016.
I look forward to any replies. Thanks

wells332

Under the UK Laws look in the paperwork & basically I think it's 3 or 6 months or whatever is written in their paperwork. So double check this first.

Secondly they are a Seat dealership??......WTF they use the same tools/parts as VW more or less (VAG own Seat).

If al else fails ring up VW UK & have a moan at them, however I fear eventually you will have to go to the VW dealership if the car is out of the basic contract with BSM but under the 3yr old VW UK warranty.

This has always been the case, which is why I buy cars based on what main dealers I have locally that are good!

Dave they basically treating me like a joke. Going to speak to service manager on Monday. Take it from there. Shouldn't have to drive nearly 2 hours every time car has a fault

wells332

Dave they basically treating me like a joke. Going to speak to service manager on Monday. Take it from there. Shouldn't have to drive nearly 2 hours every time car has a fault. already started getting faults got car 2 week and she's only done 30k miles

wells332

You bought the car from Bristol Street Motors so it should be up to them to sort the car out, not for you to go running to a dealer 2 hours away.

Agreed pinocchio but this useless company is messing me about and I've lost trust. Don't seem interested in helping me and I've only had car 2 week. What happens down the line in a few years. Do you happen to know anything about getting a refund?

Pinocchio

Passed Driver's Ed
Agreed pinocchio but this useless company is messing me about and I've lost trust. Don't seem interested in helping me and I've only had car 2 week. What happens down the line in a few years. Do you happen to know anything about getting a refund?

As Chris 43 above said, take it back to BSM and explain that it is their responsibility to repair the car as they sold you the car, assuming they gave you a warranty. Don't lose your temper, just insist they sort your car out. As for a refunds i would give them a chance to effect a repair before demanding your money back. What I don't understand is why they want the car to go to Mansfield when there is a Vw dealer in Barnsley.

Last edited: