GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cat back exhaust

dah90

Ready to race!
In your opinion what company gives you the best bang for your buck on a cat back exhaust? I'm looking to change the sound of my car and have thought about the unitronic exhaust. However, I'm not sure it's the best bang for your buck.

Chronic

Go Kart Champion
Catless Downpipe with resonator delete will change the sound in a good way

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
magnaflow catback sounds amazing IMO and right now they are doing 25% off coupons which is huge. makes the linked catback ~566 shipped! want to pull the trigger so bad just don't have the cash right now!
http://www.hottexhaust.com/Magnaflow_15357

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
magnaflow catback sounds amazing IMO and right now they are doing 25% off coupons which is huge. makes the linked catback ~566 shipped! want to pull the trigger so bad just don't have the cash right now!
http://www.hottexhaust.com/Magnaflow_15357

This is also where I have seen the cheapest price on the Magnaflow cat-backs. if that is what you want. If you do just want some extra noise I'd rather get a downpipe because it adds the noise, plus has the benefit of increased HP with a tune.

dah90

Ready to race!
Right now I am just looking for a more aggressive sound. I'm not looking to tune until after my warranty is done. Does the magnaflow have a bad drone inside the cabin?

Chronic

Go Kart Champion
Right now I am just looking for a more aggressive sound. I'm not looking to tune until after my warranty is done. Does the magnaflow have a bad drone inside the cabin?

I have 0 drone with the Audi Res Delete

Yousuf1

Passed Driver's Ed
In your opinion what company gives you the best bang for your buck on a cat back exhaust? I'm looking to change the sound of my car and have thought about the unitronic exhaust. However, I'm not sure it's the best bang for your buck.

From the reviews I read. AWE Touring is one of the best exhausts for this platform. No drone, loud, reasonable price.

It will be even better if combined with a cat-less downpipe. :)

ExcelerateRep1

Go Kart Champion
From the reviews I read. AWE Touring is one of the best exhausts for this platform. No drone, loud, reasonable price.

It will be even better if combined with a cat-less downpipe. :)

You are correct with that one! You cant go wrong with an AWE system especially the touring exhaust. Plus they can easily be changed between a touring or track system to fit your needs.

If anyone would like more information on one of these systems feel free to let me know.

Thanks,

Alex.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Just a foot note, the AWE uses 304 SS while Magnaflow uses 409 SS. Not sure how the winters are where you live or if you are by the mountains but this could make a difference.

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Would you consider a beautiful, well-made, full turbo-back exhaust for $899 shipped? :) Or only catback?

tgil99

Passed Driver's Ed
IMO get the best system you can afford, especially if you are going to keep the car for even like 5 years...AWE, Racingline, etc are more expensive but use top quality materials and workmanship, and have years of experience focused on our cars and other more high end performance cars.
Good luck.