GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI Exhaust tips

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Why do all (not seen any other style at least) cbe/tbe manufacturers go for slash cut exhaust tips for the mk7 gti?
Never seen an cbe/tbe with straight cut tips.

Remus offers straight tips, expensive straight tips but straight tips nonetheless.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
I have an APR down pipe but the sound is too much for my wife so I ordered a Billy Boat Resonator for a better sound and I just ordered the eBay tips (http://www.ebay.com/itm/181676448710) $34 I gotta try this...

rubb3r

Passed Driver's Ed
Andy is the man! Super fast and professional. I went with the JST139s from Ebay too and couldn't be happier.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
The great thing is that you get exactly the same performance gains from changing the tips as you do from an entire cat-back system...lol

And... spending $30 instead of $700

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Andy is the man! Super fast and professional. I went with the JST139s from Ebay too and couldn't be happier.

How much did they charge you if you don't mind me asking?

rubb3r

Passed Driver's Ed
The great thing is that you get exactly the same performance gains from changing the tips as you do from an entire cat-back system...lol

Yeah my problem was that I recently moved into a nice neighborhood and I didn't want to be that guy that everyone could hear coming home from 2 blocks away (like my last car).

How much did they charge you if you don't mind me asking?

I followed OP's advice and paid $60. I pretty much just did everything OP did haha.

Glad you gave Andy the business. My friend recommended him to me originally and I couldn't say better things about him.

I loved how he kept calling me "buddy". I thought it was hilarious.

Yeah! He kept saying "my friend" haha. He was a great guy, I showed him this thread and he said he remembered you.