GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI Exhaust tips

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Aside from the Magnaflow 35121, anyone know of any good exhaust tips? I'm not going to be able to do any full exhaust mods for the foreseeable future but would like to at least do some tips to fill out the cutouts in the rear and give a slightly different look. I'd prefer something in black or dark chrome, but all suggestions are welcome because painting is always an option.

I've seen some people say 2.25" inlet is correct and some are saying 2.5" inlet. Which is best?
Also, what should I expect to pay at a shop for this work?

Edit: Found these black powder coated ones. https://www.amazon.com/Exhaust-Red-...=8-4&keywords=exhaust+tip+2.25+inlet+4+outlet

Edit 2: Ordered these thanks DadsGTI and Ricked_Em: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PAIR-Stainl...448710?hash=item2a4cc29bc6:g:naEAAOSwPhdU7mFF

Edit 3 - 6/6/19: eBay looks to be out of pairs of these now. You can get them a number of places, but this is a reputable place for $14/ea. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/jex-jst139

Edit 3: All done, finally.

Last edited:

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Curious as well. I plan to do a downpipe but keep stock exhaust.

DadsGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
These are the tips I used

Attachments

• 2016-10-20 23.05.38.jpg
    2016-10-20 23.05.38.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 14,198
  • 20160921_163031.jpg
    20160921_163031.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 9,740

Reflex2dr

Ready to race!
Cool. Thanks. I found them on a couple sites. Looks like they're 2.5"? I thought I needed 2.25"...?

You're going to need an inlet of 2.25. A lot of them will slide on and clamp, some need to be welded. They aren't going to charge much to weld them on.

Last edited:

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
you're going to need an inlet of 2.25.

See, this is what I'm confused on... 2 different people here have both recommended the same tips independently of one another and they are 2.5"... I understand completely that they need to be welded. I want them to be that way.

I guess whatever shop I go to can get these 2.5" to fit properly on the factory exhaust.

Reflex2dr

Ready to race!
See, this is what I'm confused on... 2 different people here have both recommended the same tips independently of one another and they are 2.5"... I understand completely that they need to be welded. I want them to be that way.

I guess whatever shop I go to can get these 2.5" to fit properly on the factory exhaust.

well unless the stock tailpipes are bigger than the ones on my AWE exhaust. I can check really quick for you.

Attachments

• rsz_img_1313.jpg
    rsz_img_1313.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 8,456
Last edited:

Reflex2dr

Ready to race!
See, this is what I'm confused on... 2 different people here have both recommended the same tips independently of one another and they are 2.5"
well unless the stock tailpipes are bigger than the ones on my AWE exhaust. I can check really quick for you.

I measured the outside diameter of the stock tailpipe with the caliper and it was 23.490" so yeah you're going to need 2.5 =) My mistake.

Last edited:

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
I measured the outside diameter of the stock tailpipe with the caliper and it was 23.490" so yeah you're going to need 2.5 =) My mistake.

Haha cool. well now the number is out there for everyone.

I ordered the ones DadsGTI and Ricked_Em suggested. Now just gotta find someone who doesn't want to rip me off to put them on. Some people quoting me over $100.

Reflex2dr

Ready to race!
Haha cool. well now the number is out there for everyone.

I ordered the ones DadsGTI and Ricked_Em suggested. Now just gotta find someone who doesn't want to rip me off to put them on. Some people quoting me over $100.

I would say anywhere in the 60-80 range is fairly standard.