GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Short Shift Transmission Adapter - Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
This is the first we've heard of it, our adapter makes the shifts more direct, shorter and much more precise but never heard of anyone having issues finding a gear.

Bonderd

Passed Driver's Ed
Installed today. Not sure what to think of it. I find that shifting into 1-3-5 lacks feel and is rather mushy. 2-4-6 feels good. I had a hard time finding out the orientation of the bottom bracket( the piece that has an offset side) I see it says to have the flat side facing down. I did this but do not know if it matters which side is which... Feels like one side has a gap while the other sits flush to the adapter.

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
i never have any issue with finding any gear with the adapter...i can see where people think its clunky but with the shift knob they offer helps majorly

Bonderd

Passed Driver's Ed
i never have any issue with finding any gear with the adapter...i can see where people think its clunky but with the shift knob they offer helps majorly

the knob does look nice, i think i just need to drive it more

Bonderd

Passed Driver's Ed
i had a hard time getting used to finding neutral and the shift knob is nice i like the lower height of everything ...just looks and feels better

did you find the plate does not sit flush to adapter? Front is flush but rear has a gap. I dont think its going to move around,but the fit should be better.

Bonderd

Passed Driver's Ed
yeah mines like that hasnt bothered anything at all and ive had mine on for over a year now

good to know, i guess it is suppose to be like that. drove it more and like it more and more now. Think the boomba knob is in my near future

Bonderd

Passed Driver's Ed
definitely worth it...i love it

Good to know. I readjusted my shift adapter. I dont think i changed anything just placebo, but the car drives great. Its exactly what I was looking for. I had a Diesel Geek on my 1.8T MK7 and it was super notchy. I actually hated it at first then got use to it. The boomba racing adapter is how the throw should have been from the factory. I think Boomba makes great products. Hope they make more for the MK7 GTI

BONJA85

I don't think it's the bushings. I used stock bushings with the Boomba and it caused me to miss 3rd and handful of times. This was especially exaggerated at the track and I ended up taking it off completely between run sessions.

I installed this at the same time as ECS bushings. 3rd gear was hard to fin and it actually popped out of gear a couple times on me. I removed the adapter and kept the bushings in. Anyone want to buy an adapter?

Boomba Racing

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
I installed this at the same time as ECS bushings. 3rd gear was hard to fin and it actually popped out of gear a couple times on me. I removed the adapter and kept the bushings in. Anyone want to buy an adapter?

Did you verify that everything was installed properly? We have sold thousands of these pieces and missing third gear/having difficulty getting into third gear is something that shouldn't be happening.