GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Remove Torque limiter Via Vag-Com (How To)

audio vicious

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport DSG
Just set my ESC button to act as ESC ON/SPORT ESC/ESC OFF and set the starting vibration reduction to deactivated, torque limiter was already deactivated.

Launched it a few times with ESC off and the vibration reduction deactivated. Holy crap, does it launch WAY better, and the tires chirp a little instead of just hopping. I just got new Firehawk Indy 500's though and I don't wanna burn them up immediately so I set vibration reduction to NORMAL, it was on STRONG. Or am I thinking about this wrong?

EDIT: I have the PP with the diff if it makes a difference. I wanna be able to launch it when I want, but under normal driving circumstances still drive safely without having to worry about wet surfaces or burning up tires.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Just set my ESC button to act as ESC ON/SPORT ESC/ESC OFF and set the starting vibration reduction to deactivated, torque limiter was already deactivated.

Launched it a few times with ESC off and the vibration reduction deactivated. Holy crap, does it launch WAY better, and the tires chirp a little instead of just hopping. I just got new Firehawk Indy 500's though and I don't wanna burn them up immediately so I set vibration reduction to NORMAL, it was on STRONG. Or am I thinking about this wrong?

EDIT: I have the PP with the diff if it makes a difference. I wanna be able to launch it when I want, but under normal driving circumstances still drive safely without having to worry about wet surfaces or burning up tires.

There’s a tweak for “increase traction on PP cars” as well. Just FYI.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr

Mine is set to Normal too. That’s what the Club Sport S comes set at if I’m not mistaken.
It will still let you spin the tires. Personally I don’t want to risk possible damage by turning it off.

Sent by raven from Castle Black

audio vicious

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport DSG
Mine is set to Normal too. That’s what the Club Sport S comes set at if I’m not mistaken.
It will still let you spin the tires. Personally I don’t want to risk possible damage by turning it off.

I guess I'll leave it on normal, because that's what I'm looking for. I wanna be able to spin them a little, enjoy the car some, and have a little fun. I don't wanna damage anything. I enabled the ESC off function and disabled the starting vibration reduction all at once. I noticed a HUGE difference immediately, but trying to determine where the line for fun/damage is at, and it's a little hard since I played with them both at once.

Sorry if it sounds like a dumb question.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
I guess I'll leave it on normal, because that's what I'm looking for. I wanna be able to spin them a little, enjoy the car some, and have a little fun. I don't wanna damage anything. I enabled the ESC off function and disabled the starting vibration reduction all at once. I noticed a HUGE difference immediately, but trying to determine where the line for fun/damage is at, and it's a little hard since I played with them both at once.

Sorry if it sounds like a dumb question.

How’d you like Normal? I got some nice wheelspin on the newly paved street in my neighborhood tonight and none of the flashing traction light or jerky, well, whatever goes on in the factory Strong setting.

audio vicious

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport DSG
How’d you like Normal? I got some nice wheelspin on the newly paved street in my neighborhood tonight and none of the flashing traction light or jerky, well, whatever goes on in the factory Strong setting.

I'm still trying to decide between normal, deactivated, and strong. Deactivated feels best, but with some of the roads around here I'm wondering if I'm safer with it on at least normal.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
I'm still trying to decide between normal, deactivated, and strong. Deactivated feels best, but with some of the roads around here I'm wondering if I'm safer with it on at least normal.

I’d say Normal - doesn’t seem like it would cause any issues unless you’re trying to be crazy. The Club Sport comes set this way IIRC.

llibgrebnek

Ready to race!
Has anyone done this to a Mk7 1.8TSI? I can’t find it in my Brake (03) controller menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
So I went through all iterations of this. and well with the starting vibrations and XDS off, it's like a car with a open diff. I have all of the mounts, stickier than stock rubber and I have the PP.

Wheelspin galore to the point that it could be dangerous if you're not paying attention

My favorite combo thus far is XDS weak, and Starting Vibrations normal

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
So I went through all iterations of this. and well with the starting vibrations and XDS off, it's like a car with a open diff. I have all of the mounts, stickier than stock rubber and I have the PP.

Wheelspin galore to the point that it could be dangerous if you're not paying attention

Yeah I think Normal SV is the way to go. It is a noticeable change from Strong.

Sent from Winterfell using Ravens.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36

You know you don't have to floor the car every time you take off from a stop right? :D

Increased traction for the VAQ paired with good tires would also fix your issue.