GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Adjustable short shifter

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Awesome! The great thing about that shifter is it replaces the bushings too! Which means I've wasted money on my bushings and Spulen short shifter! Oh well :D

2Germans

Passed Driver's Ed
Where is the best place to order the Diesel?

Thanks Guys!

RadioFlyer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GSX-Rs

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion

GOLF 1.8T here with the sigma 5. That plus the 034 Dogbone insert and its a completely different car

Bigsnoop144

Ready to race!
Yeah i just took my buddies mk7 for a spin he has the sigma 6 installed. And i have to say it feels great. No slop what so ever and not knotchy at all!

2Germans

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the info!! Good stuff here!

-Brian

TarzanoftheApes

Ready to race!
Anyone know if the Diesel Geek Sigma 6 is adjustable? One thing I like about the Spulen is I can make the throws really short.

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
I emailed them about how much the reduction is. They said approximately 30% in both directions. I believe the max reduction on Spulen is 40%. However, I have mine set to about 80-90% to the shortest setting, so I think the Sigma 6 will probably be about the same reduction as what I'm running with the Spulen.

The reason I don't run it maxed is because I start worrying about ruining syncros at that point, not giving them enough time between gears when the throw is so short. Probably not a big issue, I've heard both ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TarzanoftheApes

Ready to race!
I emailed them about how much the reduction is. They said approximately 30% in both directions. I believe the max reduction on Spulen is 40%. However, I have mine set to about 80-90% to the shortest setting, so I think the Sigma 6 will probably be about the same reduction as what I'm running with the Spulen.

The reason I don't run it maxed is because I start worrying about ruining syncros at that point, not giving them enough time between gears when the throw is so short. Probably not a big issue, I've heard both ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think I'm going to go with the APR kit. It's fully adjustable and my local shop is an APR dealer, so I have better faith they'll install it correctly over the Sigma 6.

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I'm torn between the APR kit(shifter and bracket) w/42dd bushings or just going Diesel Geek all the way.

Anyone here driven both?