GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

2015csgGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Am I the only one who doesn’t mind the soundaktor in sport mode? Like I understand why nobody would like fake noise being pumped into the car, it’s lame and cheesy and I get that. But the sound itself is not a bad sound. It’s beefy and under acceleration or a down shift it’s actually a pretty good sound. Anybody else agree?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I do. I have a CSS muffler and I still have the soundaktor cranked up. Better to have fake sound than no sound in the cabin. It just makes my car a lot more fun to drive. Plus I dont want an obnoxiously loud sound outside and draw too much attention.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Am I the only one who doesn’t mind the soundaktor in sport mode? Like I understand why nobody would like fake noise being pumped into the car, it’s lame and cheesy and I get that. But the sound itself is not a bad sound. It’s beefy and under acceleration or a down shift it’s actually a pretty good sound. Anybody else agree?

I do. I have a CSS muffler and I still have the soundaktor cranked up. Better to have fake sound than no sound in the cabin. It just makes my car a lot more fun to drive. Plus I dont want an obnoxiously loud sound outside and draw too much attention.

I'm with you guys. I don't understand why everybody hates it so much. If it sounded like a Honda I wouldn't like it, but it actually sounds pretty nice. I have it turned off in custom driving mode via the infotainment, but I'm aware that doesn't turn it off completely. But in sport its nice to have the extra sound. It makes the car feel faster to unaware passengers haha. Sensory overload is cool

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
acctually I do the same when I am showing my buddies what it can do....regular mode all the other times. I find it kinda obnoxious in sport but +1 on overwhelming the unsuspecting.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT

I actually like it. But 50% of the time it vibrates my windshield/dash and the vibration/rattle is unacceptable. So I keep the car in Individual mode with engine set to Normal and Steering in Sport.

For some reason my car doesn't accept the security code to allow me to turn the Soundaktor volume to 50% through VCDS, or else I'd just do that and keep it in Sport all the time. My car doesn't let me do a lot of things in VCDS -____________-

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
I'm with you guys. I don't understand why everybody hates it so much. If it sounded like a Honda I wouldn't like it, but it actually sounds pretty nice. I have it turned off in custom driving mode via the infotainment, but I'm aware that doesn't turn it off completely. But in sport its nice to have the extra sound. It makes the car feel faster to unaware passengers haha. Sensory overload is cool

To me it kinda sounds like a Subie on the inside lol. that deep rumble.

robmarktoo

Ready to race!

I had it on sport for like the first year and a half I owned the car, but then it started vibrating the dash a little when it got cold, so I turned it down to normal... and now I feel like normal is enough sound and sport would be overkill. Which is strange because I used to think normal was too quiet. Maybe the soundaktor got louder over time or something.

2015csgGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
To me it kinda sounds like a Subie on the inside lol. that deep rumble.

It does. I never thought of that before. The only thing that’s annoying is the dash and windshield tends to vibrate hella but the sound is nice

Frank Reynolds

Go Kart Newbie
What have you done so far? Carbon cleaning for sure if you haven't yet. I would do a whole new suspension at 80K, including bushings from Powerflex/Superpro. but that's not "maintenance," per se lol

Plugs, DSG service, oil changes regularly. I have coilovers so those are fine. Haven't done carbon cleaning but I've heard mixed things about that. Doing new brakes tomorrow.

blergrd

Ready to race!
what mods are needed for an upgraded turbo for the gti? I'm thinking Dbv2 v2. I can't find exact info on the forum. I did try searching but had had no luck. I do see upgraded fuel lines. I mean things besides the regular bolt ons

w124_karl

Ready to race!
Ok, here’s a stupid question.

Is a 2019 GTI with the base 6.5” head unit (mine is a Rabbit Edition) supposed to have satellite radio available? I see nothing in the manual about it, and see no way to turn it on from the radio itself. But, the car did come with flyers in the glove box for a free trial. And Sirius has been spamming my email with stuff since I took delivery.

Is this something that the dealer needs to activate in the car, and forgot to do?

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
It does. I never thought of that before. The only thing that’s annoying is the dash and windshield tends to vibrate hella but the sound is nice

Yeah mine too, which is unacceptable. That’s RICE. No thanks

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Plugs, DSG service, oil changes regularly. I have coilovers so those are fine. Haven't done carbon cleaning but I've heard mixed things about that. Doing new brakes tomorrow.

For a guy asking about the best way to maintain their car, you should abso-lately get a carbon cleaning done. You will regain gas mileage and power, even if it’s not a whole lot of either.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Ok, here’s a stupid question.

Is a 2019 GTI with the base 6.5” head unit (mine is a Rabbit Edition) supposed to have satellite radio available? I see nothing in the manual about it, and see no way to turn it on from the radio itself. But, the car did come with flyers in the glove box for a free trial. And Sirius has been spamming my email with stuff since I took delivery.

Is this something that the dealer needs to activate in the car, and forgot to do?

If it’s not under the “band” button, and you don’t have a “SAT” button, the car doesn’t have satellite radio. They started dekitting it for some reason