GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Hello all,

1) New to the forum. Before I ask my question, I wanted to say “Thank You” to you all. I have learned so much since I joined recently and it is all because of all you fine folks. You all rock!

2) 2017 Golf R, 6MT w/ DCC

I see a lot of talk about after market suspension improvements here on the forum, yet most of the spring/strut packages I can find online specifically say “not for DCC” or “must buy DCC bypass”. What about sway bars? With my current setup can I replace and receive improvement by upgrading sway bars, without disabling or negatively affecting the DCV or is it best with this car with DCC to just leave it as is and invest in other areas?

I have no specific problem I am trying to solve, just trying to figure out the if’s, what’s, and why’s of DCC. Thinking if a sway bar can make the handling even better.... might try it.

Thanks!

Sways are entirely compatible with DCC. If you want em, get em. Just make sure they’re for Golf R (AWD MQB) - not GTI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanD_Dan

Sways are entirely compatible with DCC. If you want em, get em. Just make sure they’re for Golf R (AWD MQB) - not GTI

Thanks!
Stupid question #2

So DCC can adjust dampers? As needed to adjust to road conditions and this will alter the settings of the springs and struts, but DCC in now way alters the sway bars?

Thanks again.

K.Nikkz

Ready to race!
Should I always put my stock downpipe back on when taking the car to the dealer for any servicing/warranty, even if it's not related to the engine/exhaust? Worried they may "flag" it for future reference when I come back again.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Should I always put my stock downpipe back on when taking the car to the dealer for any servicing/warranty, even if it's not related to the engine/exhaust? Worried they may "flag" it for future reference when I come back again.

I got service 1 and they didnt say anything. I think its only an issue when something related to the engine fails

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Thanks!
Stupid question #2

So DCC can adjust dampers? As needed to adjust to road conditions and this will alter the settings of the springs and struts, but DCC in now way alters the sway bars?

Thanks again.

No, DCC only stiffens or softens the dampers. Has no effect on springs and swaybars.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

This is a big gray area. Some dealers will, some won't. Mine flagged my car because I have deAutoKey LED's under my dash and they wouldn't repair my fuse box (which they broke) because "you have aftermarket lights wired up under there". So I don't take my car to the dealer anymore

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
I was under my car a coupe weeks ago and noticed there was a bunch of grease near the axels. I think the CV boots are torn and was looking to replace all of them. ECS has the outer/inner boots both for $84 (x2 for both sides is $168).
Search on Google shows some cheap axles with everything SurTrack AD-8126 for $45 but the listing does not have the MK7 listed. Are the MK7 axles the same as the 2014 VW CC/EOS/GTI?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 411

Danosaurus

Ready to race!
Hi! Figured I'd throw these here instead of making a new post.

1) Does the GTI also have the exhaust flaps (that open/close at various RPM) - or is this a Golf R thing?

2) On my 7.5 Golf R, where the fog lights would be are ducts which lead to rads on either side. Which are these exactly? Oil coolers? One long intercooler, or two?

up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI

1) Does the GTI also have the exhaust flaps (that open/close at various RPM) - or is this a Golf R thing?

2) On my 7.5 Golf R, where the fog lights would be are ducts which lead to rads on either side. Which are these exactly? Oil coolers? One long intercooler, or two?

#1 is a Golf R thing only. I don't know the answer to #2

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36

#2 is extra rads for coolant I do believe. Some large vehicles / larger engines would use them for oil instead.