GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDELEVEN

sar316

Passed Driver's Ed
Has anyone with a mk7.5 removed the North American headlight restrictions? is the procedure the same as with the mk7?
I tried... procedure was the same except the setting has moved to the multifunction module. Got it to accept the settings and cleared the error, but the headlight error returned plus errors for the front left and right turn signals. Front signals and cornering lights wouldn't turn on at all, mirror signals were hyper flashing, but the rear signals were blinking normal. Several CAN errors in the ecu and an ACC error(i don't have ACC).

Hope someone figures it out. Maybe there's other settings that need to be changed at the same time, but I'm suspicious it's due to the LCMs on the MK7.5.... maybe they're region specific. [emoji2955]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Can anybody tell me what's the difference between the different traction control options in the apps menu? I want the ESC sport/ESC off option but there's 2 options. What's the different and which one should I choose?

It's the order of the esc off button functions. For instance, the first one is for tapping one the second is when you hold it. I prefer esc sport/ esc off. But that keeps asr on.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
It's the order of the esc off button functions. For instance, the first one is for tapping one the second is when you hold it. I prefer esc sport/ esc off. But that keeps asr on.

Doesn’t ESC Sport (or full ESC Off) also disable ASR?

I don’t use this function often. But that is my understanding.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Doesn’t ESC Sport (or full ESC Off) also disable ASR?

I don’t use this function often. But that is my understanding.
The manual says that on the GTI, "ASR switched off, ESC Sport switched on" when pressing and holding the ESC button.

I'm pretty sure I saw mention of that as well in threads to code "ESC/ESC Sport/ESC Off" and "ESC/ASR OFF/ ESC off", where the latter is a subset of the former.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
I tried... procedure was the same except the setting has moved to the multifunction module. Got it to accept the settings and cleared the error, but the headlight error returned plus errors for the front left and right turn signals. Front signals and cornering lights wouldn't turn on at all, mirror signals were hyper flashing, but the rear signals were blinking normal. Several CAN errors in the ecu and an ACC error(i don't have ACC).

Hope someone figures it out. Maybe there's other settings that need to be changed at the same time, but I'm suspicious it's due to the LCMs on the MK7.5.... maybe they're region specific. [emoji2955]

Damn that's too bad. I find the headlights could throw more lights further down the road, especially at speed.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Anyone figured out front tear drop wipe on the FL models? Rear works fine...front is no-go. Was able to get working on our Atlas using same change.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

evilhomura89

Passed Driver's Ed
Quick question - I have a 2014 mk7 GTI with DCC. The driving profile selection can only be done manually by choosing the mode that I want on the headunit after pressing the button next to the gearknob.

I've seen others (on YouTube) cycle through the different driving mode just by pressing the button repeatedly but mine doesn't do that. Is this something that can be fixed via coding? Ie, I want to change driving mode (comfort, normal, eco, sports) just by cycling through the different mode by pressing the button repeatedly. Thanks in advance!

codypka

Go Kart Champion
Why would some apps not work or say not available? I purchased gauge sweep and it doesnt work. I tried to enable comfort blinker app and I'm being told its not available. Some of the others worked, like soundaktor change and enabling the anount to fill up the fuel tank

codypka

Go Kart Champion
Additionally i followed all the instructions to do the confort window open close with kessy thing and it didnt work. Now I'm afraid the things i did could somehow mess something up.

I've never had a peice of tech that made me feel like such an idiot. I'm about to smash this thing with a hammer

Is there a beginners guide out there? Obdeleven for idiots anyone?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Why would some apps not work or say not available? I purchased gauge sweep and it doesnt work. I tried to enable comfort blinker app and I'm being told its not available. Some of the others worked, like soundaktor change and enabling the anount to fill up the fuel tank

Additionally i followed all the instructions to do the confort window open close with kessy thing and it didnt work. Now I'm afraid the things i did could somehow mess something up.

I've never had a peice of tech that made me feel like such an idiot. I'm about to smash this thing with a hammer

Is there a beginners guide out there? Obdeleven for idiots anyone?

Personally I think the built-in "apps" are a really bad business model given their unreliability and variability of trim levels and equipment levels between different Golfs. It really is hit or miss with the apps, and there's no chance of your money back.

I recommend just getting comfortable with manual coding, following the methods described here and on other forums. There's no "app" fee for manual coding.

For the comfort window closing, did you try resetting windows from the car setup menu? Sometimes you have to do that for a coding mod to "take".

codypka

Go Kart Champion
Personally I think the built-in "apps" are a really bad business model given their unreliability and variability of trim levels and equipment levels between different Golfs. It really is hit or miss with the apps, and there's no chance of your money back.

I recommend just getting comfortable with manual coding, following the methods described here and on other forums. There's no "app" fee for manual coding.

For the comfort window closing, did you try resetting windows from the car setup menu? Sometimes you have to do that for a coding mod to "take".
When i bought my obd11 i received 200 free credits, so i thought i might as well use them for a couple quick and easy (well, i thought theyd be easy) mods. If what you are saying is true maybe i shouldnt have bothered with those

I'll try your suggestion tomorrow. I'm pretty sure i did that but I'll double check

sar316

Passed Driver's Ed
When i bought my obd11 i received 200 free credits, so i thought i might as well use them for a couple quick and easy (well, i thought theyd be easy) mods. If what you are saying is true maybe i shouldnt have bothered with those

I'll try your suggestion tomorrow. I'm pretty sure i did that but I'll double check

The app worked for me, but I did have to reset the opening and closing settings.

I was anxious about coding stuff manually at first too but it's actually pretty easy and I haven't messed up anything I couldn't undo(yet).

Four months and 29 mods later it's the best car thingie I've ever bought! Shoot me a message if you need help.

codypka

Go Kart Champion
figured out what i was missing. Since i have kessy there was one step i was missing which is

Kessy komfort schilessen to active

Last edited:

Murf1

Ready to race!
Got bored and was looking through the different modules this morning and found a few under Steering that I had not seen before. Some google-fu found few references and no answers.

Anyone know what these do?

Steering Assistance:
Long Coding-
>Pull Compensation (Active/Not Active> Default Not Activated
>Counter steer support (Active/Not active) Default Active

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs

I’ve been trying to change the value of the second parameter and I can’t. All the security codes do not work for this. I also have to copy and paste the number from another program because obd11 doesn’t have the - symbol.

Any codes you guys are using for an early 17?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk