GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Roof spoiler

Mike Ralph

Ready to race!
Wondering if you guys were willing to post photos with any aftermarket roof spoilers installed! Opting for the Oettinger one but I can't get over how it looks like bunny ears from the immediate back so was trying to see what else was out there! Any pics are helpful thanks guys!

jmp4golfvw

Ready to race!
Here's one...

http://www.osirusa.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=VGT7-TLSNGT7-FG&Category_Code=NEW

KO7

Ready to race!
Think the Oettinger looks the best. Grabbed the last one in stock today from Racing line USA for $600 shipped.

Al_in_Philly

Autocross Newbie
I'm waiting for my rear spoiler from SRS-TEC to be delivered. I wanted something to bring out the modest spoiler which came with the R, but didn't want to make it stand out too much. I like the "sleeper" aspect of the R, but didn't think that the spoiler was pronounced enough. Here's a shot of it on a white GTI/R (though mine's Lapiz Blue):

Attachments

• Golf R Spoiler.jpg
    Golf R Spoiler.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 21,863
Last edited:

mlewando

Ready to race!
I bought genuine OEM Roof edge spoiler.. Waiting for sunny and warm days to install it..

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I think this is Black Forest Hatch Spoiler.

I think this is the one I see on their web site. New to me.
Comes in black gloss or matte finish.
I sort of like it. A little boy racer but not much.:cool:
I think cost is in the area of $130.
Only picture I see but they have more on web site.

I do have a choice question.
It comes in gloss black or a texture black (shown on both car I think)
The gloss black will match other items on the GTI but I hate to add more gloss black and scratches. The location being on top will be hard to see if it is not gloss compared to the hatch wings.
What do you think? Gloss or testure?:confused:

Black Forest Tuning Spoiler..jpg

IMG_1915.JPG

IMG_1918.JPG

Last edited:

Davey Jones

Ready to race!
I'm waiting for my rear spoiler from SRS-TEC to be delivered. I wanted something to bring out the modest spoiler which came with the R, but didn't want to make it stand out too much. I like the "sleeper" aspect of the R, but didn't think that the spoiler was pronounced enough. Here's a shot of it on a white GTI/R (though mine's Lapiz Blue):

That looks good. Having it shipped from Germany? How much did it end up costing you (USD), if you don't mind?

KO7

Ready to race!
Wait! You got it for 600 shipped to Canada? They told me it was 610$, and then 130$ for shipping! What the hell!

$600 USD shipped to right across the border from me. I'll get dinged by Cdn Customs coming back no doubt. $600 USD also translated to $896 through PayPal. Feels bad man :(

diogoguitar

I know that most of you guys would do it solely based on the looks, but if you care a lot about the performance, watch the drag coefficient. Look at Focus RS

The bigger the surface area on the back, the worse. This is why some spoilers in hatchback cars are hollow

KO7

Ready to race!
I believe the Oettinger is partially "hollow". Hopefully they considered the aerodynamics in their design.