GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

UniConnect is out....

WhiteVulpine

Ready to race!
Hmm, $750 for a downpipe to get close to 300hp or $150 for a flashing tool that will give me 310hp stock... That sounds pretty nice.

drrck

Go Kart Champion
Hmm, $750 for a downpipe to get close to 300hp or $150 for a flashing tool that will give me 310hp stock... That sounds pretty nice.

$150 is the price of the tool only, you still need to buy the tune.

GTIBEN

Ready to race!
If you dont mind potentially risking your powertrain warranty, these cars obviously respond very well to flash tunes.
When I bought my car, the dealer said they were cool with warranty up (with the exception of the clutch)to stage 1 as they are a unitronic dealer. I'm not sure how it would actually be handled though if something catastrophic were to happen where the tune could easilly be blamed?

WhiteVulpine

Ready to race!
$150 is the price of the tool only, you still need to buy the tune.

If you want to get their predefined tune yes. I know I have the ability to get to 310 though with their tool allowing me to flash my ECU. :)

*cough* gn4rwhals... you should pull yours back out and mess with it, winter isn't coming. :D

wave

Ready to race!
If you want to get their predefined tune yes. I know I have the ability to get to 310 though with their tool allowing me to flash my ECU. :)

*cough* gn4rwhals... you should pull yours back out and mess with it, winter isn't coming. :D

Are you implying you have your own flash tune software??:confused:

drrck

Go Kart Champion

Are you sure? I don't think UniConnect is like Maestro or other programs, I think it's just program switching.

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
UniConnect is just program switching, you still have to buy the tune.

Stage 2 is $900 flash at home at this point, I've been told they flash OEM stock files too.

Eurodyne still has the market on flash at home at $700, and that tune does rip pretty good, but it has been found via ECU deep dive after flashing back to stock.

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion

If I wasn't flying to California Wednesday I wouldn't be putting the car away tonight.

But I am flying to California on Wednesday, so I'm putting the car away tonight. It will be snowing by the time I get back.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Are you sure? I don't think UniConnect is like Maestro or other programs, I think it's just program switching.

It's program switching, in addition to the initial flash as well (I believe).

So if you want to go to the dealer, you can just flash it back to stock at home....instead of going to the Uni dealer and paying them "labor" to do it and then going back there again to get the tune again after your dealer visit.

So it could be cheaper/save time.
I know my APR dealer wanted to charge $60 each time for "labor" for a reflash

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the interest, everyone. Just to clarify, UniCONNECT+ actually flashes the ECU with our Performance Software Calibrations ("Tuned Files"), just as an Authorized Dealer would flash it with their PRO+ tool.

If anyone has any specific questions, let me know!

greatoz

Ready to race!
Thanks for the interest, everyone. Just to clarify, UniCONNECT+ actually flashes the ECU with our Performance Software Calibrations ("Tuned Files"), just as an Authorized Dealer would flash it with their PRO+ tool.

If anyone has any specific questions, let me know!

so it'll throw a TD1, correct?