GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

razorlab

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
15' GTI, 18" AT
Been looking for a thread with people using Eurodyne Maestro for custom tuning with the MK7 and so far this is only one I have found.

Hopefully my post is in the right place!

I'm new to this platform, but not new to tuning. I've been tuning other cars professionally and as a hobby for over 18 years now, mostly focused on Mitsubishis and my other "fun" car is a Evo 10 GSR built for track use and fun weekend use I self tune on E80 which makes 640whp in street tune and 540whp for track use.

Anyway, as I said, I am new to this platform so I have some questions. I have a Alltrack that I have been custom tuning using Maestro, all stock power wise except for approx E35 mix and custom tuning it via Maestro.

My first question is that I have noticed that even with both high/low octane timing tables matching, the car runs slightly different timing values. Are there compensation maps in use here that are not shown in Maestro?

Second question is it seems my boost curve from 2800rpm to 5000rpm is getting a bunch of corrections making it not so smooth. Am I missing something in boost tuning of this ECU?

Here is a current log, you'll notice it is off by 3-4* at the lower RPM. Also open to any other feedback on the log. ;)

https://datazap.me/u/razorlab/alltr...18-19-20-21-22-28-29&solo=4-9-18&zoom=227-447

I'm also noticing some odd timing jumps after DSG shifts when I go through the gears:

https://datazap.me/u/razorlab/alltr...0-21-22-28-29&solo=4-15-18-28-29&zoom=134-379

Last edited:

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Ugh. I don’t understand how to do any of that. Or which tables need to be copied where.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just moved my map files over doing export/import in maestro. Moved all the files that pertain to my custom tune and exported those saving them and naming them the same the imported them over to the base file on each map. I haven't reflashed the custom time back to my car yet though

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

EmmKay11945

Ready to race!
Hey just a simple question for you guys. I have the 1.5 adjustable file loaded right now and set at 91/24. So I'm wondering what would be the max psi i could set the slider to. I am stock everything except for tune. Now, I know that I'm supposed to log and see what it looks like, but generally speaking, on the stock setup on the is20, what psi is a safe maximum. Generally speaking. Because I know that the read me on eurodyne says that it will never exceed a safe zone no matter what it is set at. Can I trust that?

gaveup1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey just a simple question for you guys. I have the 1.5 adjustable file loaded right now and set at 91/24. So I'm wondering what would be the max psi i could set the slider to. I am stock everything except for tune. Now, I know that I'm supposed to log and see what it looks like, but generally speaking, on the stock setup on the is20, what psi is a safe maximum. Generally speaking. Because I know that the read me on eurodyne says that it will never exceed a safe zone no matter what it is set at. Can I trust that?

From what I gather, and I could be wrong, the boost slider doesn’t control the actual boost. The tune won’t a let boost go higher once the target is reached (power wise I’m assuming) for the conditions. Meaning if you set it to 28, it doesn’t mean you’ll actually see the car hit 28psi. The boost will never exceed the maximum safe limit set in the map.

I’m hoping someone can elaborate on that or tell me I’m incorrect.

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
You are right. On the base stg 1 or 2 file, the boost wont go over 25 psi i believe. There are hard limiters in the map that can only be bypassed with maestro

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
I can’t imagine why you’d want to be targeting 28 psi on the regular anyways. 25 is perfect
Seems to pull hard at 25psi, can hold 25psi longer. And seems to allow a more mild boost taper and push aggressive timing.

Anyone got any info on loader files? I saw the the Stage 2 LC NLS E85ADJ file today. Has my curiosity peaked.

petempop

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone have any idea if the tables below need to be touch in Maestro for stage 2 tuning, i.e. to remove limits or allow more torque?

"Reference indicated engine torque" low and high port flaps, cam position

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
I wish there were some updated video's with all the new tables and info on controlling upgraded LPFP duty and adding port injection etc. I'm trying to learn more about tuning but the Maestro specific stuff is confusing sometimes.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
I wish there were some updated video's with all the new tables and info on controlling upgraded LPFP duty and adding port injection etc. I'm trying to learn more about tuning but the Maestro specific stuff is confusing sometimes.

That stuff is all trial and error and testing.
Speaking from personal experience with Sam and I, we tested a lot of stuff ourselves on our own cars before tuning people. Read as much as possible.
The base files exist as a starting point.

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
That stuff is all trial and error and testing.
Speaking from personal experience with Sam and I, we tested a lot of stuff ourselves on our own cars before tuning people. Read as much as possible.
The base files exist as a starting point.

Yeah, I get that, for Maestro I'm more talking about how a lot of the tables have different names than what they would be called in a conventional stand alone ECU, and it's not always clear what the table actually affects.